Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Twenty-Two

Credits

[No vote]

Bandits is a decent trailer up until it starts using U2's 'Beautiful Day.' Does that song have *anything* to do with the movie? Similar theme? No. The studio just put it in there cuz it's a popular song that a bunch of people like (although I'm not one of them). If it was 1977, they'd be using some Sex Pistols song. If it was the early 90's they'd be using 'The Macarena.'

Credits

The Royal Tenenbaums

p.s. this is the worst in the bunch falks, but if you want an estimation on trailer that can win - let me give you a hint

[This message has been edited by njovan (edited 09-22-2001).]

Credits

Red face

First of all, let me say that I love these boneheads that are voting out The Last Castle, which in my estimation has me more exciting about seeing the non-actor Robert Redford in a film than I ever have been. Even if it stinks the trailer has me riled up and ready to run to the theater. The same way Planet of the Apes did and we all know what happened with that awful movie!

Secondly, I want to say thank you to all of you who have made such a nasty stink over the alliance. For all of your personal knowledge I want you to know that our alliance has 5 people in it. I also want you to know that those 5 people are the smartest on the list with the best eyes for what looks good. We may not make any dent in this contest other than pissing some of you off, but we have taste and certainly won't vote a trailer off because it is the popular choice. So, I say thank you to my small crew for making this contest fun for me.
    And those of you wondering why we were working so hard to band together with no prizes? We got a prize. We managed to upset the apple cart and take more credit than we deserved. That alone was worth the effort.

WINDTALKERS until it is gone.

JOIN THE ALLI.......
    You know what? Forget it. If you weren't smart enough to join by now, we don't want you.

Credits

Thumbs down

Originally posted by AHorseFellOnMe:
    just for the record i think all of you should download and watch the trailer for FROM HELL, and think to yourself "should this trailer have made it into the best 9?" or perhaps "should this trailer have maded into the best 20?", you should all watch the trailer, and i have a feeling it will get a lot more votes

- and also, it looks like ALI will be next after BANDITS. this is ridiculous. ALI is one of the 3 best trailers on the list (along with MONSTERS, INC.-which has a real shot at winning- and the best trailer out there, ROYAL TENENBAUMS). none of you will be voting for ALI or ROYAL TENENBAUMS once you have seen the FROM HELL trailer- from now on, whenever you post, if you think ROYAL TENENBAUMS should win, put four stars at the bottom of your post- thanks- happy voting

This is the same thing as an alliance. Why should anyone want to reveal their final votes to you? If they want to do that they could have joined my alliance when it was a FRESH idea.
    Plus, I think the Monsters, Inc is one of the best trailers out here too but I won't vote for it to win simply because I know there are people like you out there that jerk off to Toy Story.

Mischa Abendroth Guest

Thumbs down

Originally posted by Razorboy:
    First of all, let me say that I love these boneheads that are voting out The Last Castle, which in my estimation has me more exciting about seeing the non-actor Robert Redford in a film than I ever have been. Even if it stinks the trailer has me riled up and ready to run to the theater. The same way Planet of the Apes did and we all know what happened with that awful movie!

Secondly, I want to say thank you to all of you who have made such a nasty stink over the alliance. For all of your personal knowledge I want you to know that our alliance has 5 people in it. I also want you to know that those 5 people are the smartest on the list with the best eyes for what looks good. We may not make any dent in this contest other than pissing some of you off, but we have taste and certainly won't vote a trailer off because it is the popular choice. So, I say thank you to my small crew for making this contest fun for me.
    And those of you wondering why we were working so hard to band together with no prizes? We got a prize. We managed to upset the apple cart and take more credit than we deserved. That alone was worth the effort.

WINDTALKERS until it is gone.

JOIN THE ALLI.......
    You know what? Forget it. If you weren't smart enough to join by now, we don't want you.

I also want you to know that those 5 people are the smartest on the list with the best eyes for what looks good.

Ugh? I'm outta here! You overestimate yourself a little, do you?

------------------
    I know kung foo

Credits

**This message does not contain a vote, as I have already cast my vote for today**

Someone posted previously that those of us who have not joined the "alliance" are not smart..... Hmm. Interesting.

That could be the case. Or it could be that intelligence is the OPPOSITE of making an alliance in a rewardless game. Say what you will, but the alliance demeans the fun of the game solely because it alters the way people vote.

I reiterate, Ali is the best trailer in the bunch but I urge it to be voted out tomorrow (because as you can see, a scare has been put in the heart of the alliance). Once Ali is gone, voting can continue as usual!

Thank you!

Credits

[No vote]

JayGriffy--The alliance is NOT voting out Ali! So your stupid "vote it out just to spite the alliance" retort is completely invalid.

Also, the reward in this so-called "rewardless" game is to see one's favorite trailer win. By joining the alliance, I have basically quadrupled my voting power. Which means I've increased the chance of seeing MY favorite trailer (or at least ONE of my favorites) win the game. That's the reward.

[This message has been edited by MattHat121 (edited 09-22-2001).]

Credits

Question

The only thing that I can come up with is that JayGriffy is trying to vote out his favorite trailer because the alliance isn't. If it's not bad enough for us to vote it out yet, then you're gonna have to do the job. And that reverse psychology just doesn't make any sense when the prize of this contest is personal satisfaction.
    "Well, what if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today!"

Credits

You guys take this too seriously!! This game doesn't accurately reflect what the best trailer is, just what about 50 fanboys like.

Credits

Originally posted by Radewart:
    You guys take this too seriously!! This game doesn't accurately reflect what the best trailer is, just what about 50 fanboys like.
    That's true, Radewart. But find me another site that's hosting a game like this. I'm a trailer nut, so for me, this game is not only "serious", but also just plain fun.

Anyone else annoyed by the fact that "From Hell"'s trailer gives away one-too-many plot points? It even goes so far as to tell us that Johnny Depp *does* find out who Jack is and even confronts him ("You're not going to live to see the 20th Century"). Other than that, the trailer's pretty well-cut, save for a few unnecessary sped up moments like the one of Heather Graham sleeping. Also (and this doesn't have anything to do with the trailer itself), how many times do we need to see Johnny Depp as an inspector with the same haircut investigating some unknown killer ("Sleepy Hollow")? He even gets in another horse-drawn carriage chase.

Jean-Pierre Bazinet--which Monsters Inc. clip is the one competing? The teaser or the trailer? And which Windtalkers trailer...1 or 2?

[This message has been edited by MattHat121 (edited 09-22-2001).]

Credits

You know what. Alliance or not, an opinion is an opinion. I would consider myself a memeber of the alliance only because so far I agree with what they have voted for day to day. When Windtalkers is gone, then I vote for Ali. Why? Because I THINK it sucks, thats my opinion. The trailer I want to win is The Royal Tenenbaums, the others dont matter to me so what difference does it make what I vote for day to day as long as I dont vote for the RT. This alliance is not throwing the swing of the game and the only people taking it too seriously are those of you complaining about it.

[This message has been edited by fruitpithemagician (edited 09-22-2001).]

Credits

Originally posted by Radewart:
    Amen

Credits

Thumbs down

Royal Temenbaums
    -Gizmo-

Credits

THE ROYAL TENENBAUMS

Credits

BANDITS! I was gonna vote for it yesterday but I was trying to save HEIST from it's doomed end. It's fairly standard stuff nothing special. Blah, blah, blah

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast