Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Mac Eye for the PC Guy

Thought this would cheer a few ppl up!

/!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    lol, this is great

btw: i'm typing this on my ibook
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits
    LOL.

Wonder what the Macguys would say when the Dead Mac or the Bus error Bomb comes up during booting up...

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    :big grin: This definitely cheered me up! I'm a Mac freak, mostly because Macs are ideal for a student filmmaker like me, as it utilizes programs such as Final Cut Pro 4
    "In case I don't see you--good afternoon, good evening and good night." -The Truman Show

Credits
    OK, as a PC person, I feel it is my job to clear up some of the misconceptions listed in this cartoon.

1) PCs are not all beige (and I'm not referring to "black" either). PCs have become extremely customized over the last few years, not only coming a number of different colors, but also can include clear panels with neon lights inside the cases, (for information on how to do this yourselves, see http://www.maximumpc.com/reprints/re...002-02-21.html). Some are do-it-yourself customizations, but you can also order these pre-made from some companies (Oh, wait, Apple people can only order from one company... they don't know how to shop around... sorry) Most of these look a lot better than the drab, gunmetal gray box that the new G5 is in.

2) Floppies may be starting to go out of style, but they are still extremely useful. Not everyone has a USB key, and logging onto the internet to transfer a file may take longer than it is worth, and putting a 10K file on a CD is just silly. Besides, when iMacs stopped using floppy drives, floppies were still used by just about everyone.

3) My OS is not expired. But more to the point, I have programs that I run on my computer dating back to DOS, and I have only one of my old programs that fails to run on WinXP. Besides, I can select hundreds of thousands of applications for my Windows computer... the Mac, maybe a hundred or so, if you know where to shop.

4) iTunes is now available for Windows computers. Hmm. I wonder why. Maybe because Apple knew the service wouldn't survive on just Macs.

Just my taste of "WinEye for the Mac Guy."
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    go corfy!!! oh yeah.. you can easily edit video on a pc... i did.. and still got higher grades than all the mac users!

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits
    Originally posted by corfy
    1) (Oh, wait, Apple people can only order from one company... they don't know how to shop around... sorry)

3) Besides, I can select hundreds of thousands of applications for my Windows computer... the Mac, maybe a hundred or so, if you know where to shop.

4) iTunes is now available for Windows computers. Hmm. I wonder why. Maybe because Apple knew the service wouldn't survive on just Macs.
    1) That's why everything works perfectly together, all the parts are from the same company. nothing will be released without getting a quality control at apple.

3) i don't miss anything on my mac.

4) it would. compare the sold music titles on iTunes when it was still mac-only to the sold titles on napster which is win-only. and keep in mind, that the music store could only be used by a very small group of people compared to napster.

Credits
    DAMN IT, I still use my PC cuz I'm saving for a PowerBook, so friggin expensive, can't wait to buy it tho

Credits
    same thing as stormwalker...i edited all my movies on a PC using adobe photoshop 6 and i got an a B (only got let down cuz of the writing part) but still got higher then all the mac users who got a max of C and D grades i love my PC

Credits
    Can a MAC be networked with a PC?

Credits
    Originally posted by Kn'thrak
    A mac is compatable with an Alien supercomputer, how many PC's can boast that.

Credits
    Originally posted by Kn'thrak
    sure, thats no problem

Credits
    Originally posted by aS!Dz
    [B...i edited all my movies on a PC using adobe photoshop 6...[/B]
    ok, i get a pc photoshop on pc can more thenthen the mac version. great :big grin: who wants my mac???

Credits
    What exactly do you mean by network? Since the programming is different, won't most of the programs not be compatible? There's no point of connecting them if you can't share files anyway

Can someone provide a brief overview of how that works?

Credits
    Originally posted by Jake
    What exactly do you mean by network? Since the programming is different, won't most of the programs not be compatible? There's no point of connecting them if you can't share files anyway

Can someone provide a brief overview of how that works?
    of course you can't use the pc programs on the mac or the other way round, but you can share anything else. if you connect a mac to a pc network it acts like a windows machine, so you can share files, printers and everything else you use a windows network for.
    the files you share through a network are of course compatible (documents, videos, music, photos)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast