Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Dragonball movie

while reading some Day After Tomorrow news i discovered this (unless some1 already mentiond it here at ML)

whoa i did not know Roland Emmerich is gonna direct this movie

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0367678/

Directed by
    Roland Emmerich

Writing credits (in alphabetical order)
    Tedi Sarafian
    Akira Toriyama characters
    Akira Toriyama story

Cast (in alphabetical order)
    Bill Goldberg .... Nappa

http://www.dbzsc.com/?dbzsc=live_action

????
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Hugh Jackaman as Goku? Orlando Bloom as Tien??? LOL.

I'll believe it when I see the trailer.

Actually I still WON'T believe it even if it's playing at my local theatres.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    It does look kind of fake
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits
    Originally posted by editman
    Hugh Jackaman as Goku? Orlando Bloom as Tien??? LOL.

I'll believe it when I see the trailer.

Actually I still WON'T believe it even if it's playing at my local theatres.

Credits
    @ cast.

Lol

Credits
    Is me, or does this look really, really fake. Goldberg? No way. US: PG-13? Since when?

Credits

Dragonball movie :)

Check this out:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...d=45537&type=0

Should be a barrel of fun.

Credits
    For those who are unfamiliar with Dragonball:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragonball_Z

Some more devlopments

Emily Rossum has signed on to the female lead "Bulma"

I wonder if she'll do the blue hair thing?

Also the rest of the cast:

Justin Chatwin -- "The Invisible" -- playing Goku

James Marsters -- Spike from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" -- playing Piccolo

Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits

More casting notes

Eriko Tamura -- Yaeko (the princess in feudal japan) in Heroes -- Playing the antagonist "Mai"

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    Chow Yun-Fat as Roshi - Goku's teacher.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir01 View Post
    Chow Yun-Fat as Roshi - Goku's teacher.
    Awesome news -- anything is made more watchable by the presence of Chow Yun-Fat (anyone suffer through bulletproof monk?)

Master Roshi Anime image for those who don't know...

Credits
    Threads merged.

So this is finally happening ey? EDIT: it looks like the report is authentic, as martial art trainings with the cast is happening now in Mexico.

I find it particualrly interesting regarding the film being produced by Stephen Chow and with Chow Yun-Fat casted as Kame Sennin (Muten Roshi, 'Master Roshi' in the English dub, which is a bit of a joke considering 'Roshi' in Japanese means 'Master'.) I know off-the-record, Chow Yun-Fat has been avoiding to work with Stephen Chow on the same movie for years, at least in Hong Kong, after Stephen Chow became a box office megahit in the 90s. Mind you, they both did appear on a couple of TV drama series in Hong Kong around 1983 when Stephen was still to find his fame. So it's not like they don't know each other or haven't worked together before. (And on a sidenote, Chow Yun-Fat and Tony Leung both appeared together in several TV soapies and films in Hong Kong between 1982 and 1992, and now they seem to be avoiding to work on the same project. Go figure.)

Anyway back to the film itself, it will be really interesting to see how it turns out. Looks like they're only gonna use the 'Dragon Ball' part of the story (Comics #1-#16, essentially The King Piccolo saga in #12-#16) for the movie, perhaps planning to do 'Dragon Ball Z' as a sequel/sequels if this one goes well in the box office (so no Vegeta yet in this one). Not sure if and how they're gonna fit everything in though (obviously the film begins with Goku as a teenager so all the storyline that begins with his childhood, eg the Battle against the Red Ribbon army, are scrapped).

Hopefully, with a bigger Hollywood budget, the second live action adaption of Toriyama's manga will be more faithful than the below-average Taiwanese adapation made in 1989. (Then again, let's hope it won't turn out like The Golden Compass. So if I see Goku turns into Super Seiyan at the climax of this one, I'll really roll my eyes cos he's not supposed to do that until facing off with Freeza.)

I just hope the August 2008 release date on IMDB is preliminary. With less than 7 months for training, shooting, post-production, not to mention creating the CGI-SFXs (I like to see how they do Kamehameha for real!), I don't know how they're gonna pull it off on time. On top of that, there's X-Files 2 which opens in July. (Which makes 2 Fox films being released this summer with sketchy info at this stage. If I'm in the publicity department I would worry if there's enough time to put teasers/trailers out to let people know about them, considering how early they publicised Die Hard 4 and The Simpsons Movie last year.) As much as I look forward to it, Christmas 2008 is more a realisitc time-frame to me. Then again, I don't work in the film industry.
    Last edited by editman; 01-18-2008 at 02:13 AM.

Credits
    I think this movie would be much better if it wasn't live action. I don't know how they can show it without everyone looking silly.

Something like Beowulf would be cool though.

Credits
    Sounds totally fake to me since there hasnt been any new Dragonball stuff since the failed GT series which wasnt based on the manga and was horrible.

Credits
    Totally faked? They're already filming it.

They even officially announced the project on the Japanese 20th Century Fox website last November.

Of course, since Fox is making it, the animation series, (probably) Toei and (definitely) FUNanimation have absolutely nothing to do with the live adaptation. Hence one would hear nothing about the film through those channels and think the news is totally 'fake'.

Still don't believe it? Come August and see it in cinema, then you can tell me the news is still totally fake as many times as you want.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast