Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits
    Source: Anime News Network

This year's 24th issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine has published the first official image of Justin Chatwin as the main character Son Goku in James Wong's live-action Dragonball film on Monday. The film adapts Akira Toriyama's fantasy fighting manga, which ran in the same magazine from 1984 to 1995. The magazine's article confirms that Japan will be the first country in the world to screen the film in March of 2009. The film will then open in the United States on April 3. Chow Yun-Fat (Master Roshi), Emmy Rossum (Bulma), Jamie Chung (Chichi), James Marsters (Piccolo), and Eriko Tamura (Mai) also star in the international production.
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    Ahhhh... Weekly Shonen Jump, those thick-as-a-telephone-book manga magazine... I used to read the latest Dragon Ball manga published in it when I was in high school (Japanese mangas are first published in the weekly magazines before being published in paperback book form. So if you were a diehard fan and had been following closely to the story, you would buy the magazine and read about the latest development. eg. I first read about Goku turning into a Super Saiyan in Weekly Shonen Jump, around 1992. At first I thought his hair turned all white, shocked by the death of Krillin, until my friend pointed out to me that his hair was actually glowing. heh heh... not very bright I was back then)...

As for 'life-action Goku', I think I have more criticism on the costume he's wearing, which is taking a lot of artistic licence from the original design in the manga/anime (shouldn't it say 'Kame' on his chest rather than 'Uh' (Fortune, luck)?), rather than the hairstyle.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits

So the first poster gets released of Goku in his attire...

Let's hope the director and script are good...cuz the picture looks cheesy!

Credits
    Hopefully all you fans are not in for a disappointment like I was with BloodRayne.

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12