Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

violence at school was common ...yes?

ok heres an interesting topic to talk about.

did any of u guys experience violence in school? have been part of or just a witness?

well Hollywood sort of depicts the public school system in USA as if its in grave trouble... movies like 187, substitute, american history x and elephant all show that the GUN is a common thing among school kids, is this true?

the only thing i remember....when i was in the 6th Grade i saw one of my classmates got so mad (to a guy who was making fun of him) he grabbed his pen and jammed it through the hand of the other guy like a knife, and this happened during class hours.
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    hm, never seen anything like this here.
    only thing unusual (or usual depends on your pov ) is many people smoking pot

but i guess it mostly depends on the size of the city, the district the school is in and also the type of school itself.
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits
    I have never seen a whole lotta violence (kiddy beaten a little but not to harsh) at school but then again i dont live in the USA.

Credits
    I've never seen violence like it's depicted in the movies.
    Only 1 on 1, or 2 on 1 fights.
    No weapons.

Credits
    Well...

I used to get beaten up by three particular boys. In Junior High School, this black guy for some reason hated me. So he would hit me and push me really hard. Another guy, who always made fun of how I talked (remember that i'm deaf and at that point in my life.. i didn't talk too well)- he pushed me to the lockers and walls and i get marks on myself.
    And this one guy... Lee. He wuz the worst one. He would spit on me and push me. He even hit me really really hard! He slapped me so many times. One time, he slapped me so hard. My mouth hurt like crazy. A whole side of my cheek wuz red. I had to go to the nurse's office. I told her what happened. She called my mum. My mum found out what happened.... Then it turned into a total mess. I went to court four times..... End of story.

Well, it looks like I gave ya'll a sneak preview to my sad childhood.

But other than that, no. I have never experienced violence in school. And I'm glad no one I knew went through what I went through.
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    Let me know where they live Stef, and my next visit to Texas will be a "sit down" between me, him, and a baseball bat (weapon of choice of anyone from Brooklyn, see: all mafia movies )

I've seen fights, been in them, and a whole lot of **** has happened. What happened in American HIstory X is definately true. And I'm gonna sound really racist for this remark, but this kind of stuff doesn't happen in private schools that are all white Catholic/Protestants, in public schools here in NYC in the worse neighborehoods, kids bring knives, guns, and some of them are really high and mentally ill, I was attacked in my school once by a guy with a knife, I pretended to take my wallet out and shoved him in the face and down the stairs, never seen him again but he said "to watch my back", stupid ****

All these black and ispanic kids from bad neighborehoods are acting "gangster" and tough, when they can't do **** to anyone if their older brothers weren't pimps and drug dealers. It's basic street justice, people don't get away with this kind of stuff, like that scene in "training day" at the end when noone would help Denzel cuz he ripped the other guy off
    so if you don't start something stupid nothing will happen

Credits
    I once saw a fight at my school where the one guy punched another guy's face so hard that his cheekbone was fractured... that was not cool at all... and that was one hell of a punch...
    "In case I don't see you--good afternoon, good evening and good night." -The Truman Show

Credits
    When I went to school, everyone carried knives and weren't afraid to use them. Of course when parents asked the teachers insisted that there was no knife problem because they'd never seen them.

Credits
    None. Not to say my school was a nice pace, though.

Credits
    I've never seen weapons, but I've seen a few 6 or 7 person brawls break out in the foyer.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    ive seen cases where a guys been beaten to the floor den stabbed in da back of the head and was basically in coma for weeks......was nasty!! ive seen loads of knife fights, and i was amazed to see one guy had a nun-chuks wid him...and yea he knew how to use it properly aswelly.... i didnt actually see da fight it self...but i came across all the beaten up faces after the fight was finished.....and trust me...it wasnt a pleasant sight at all.

Credits
    lol, NUN-CHUKS!!!!! that's insane, what kind of sick psycho would carry taht with him?!

Credits
    I haven't personally witnessed any violence, but in one high school I attended (I went to a total of 3) there was a knife fight in a stair well one day... one person stabbed another person in the leg with a knife. The stairwell was shut down that day.

At another school, I was around when a group of junior high students decided to start a gang (the Vice Lords, who we all called the Vice Grips). We were in a small rural town, and they had nobody to fight, so it was more of a joke than anything. They finally set up a "rumble" with a gang in a town about 30 miles away, but when the time came, nobody went because nobody in the gang was old enough to drive.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    Originally posted by Jake
    lol, NUN-CHUKS!!!!! that's insane, what kind of sick psycho would carry taht with him?!
    They were prepared for battle! that wasnt the only thing he was carrying!

From what i remember it was a racial fight...i think the pakistani people versus Kosavans (it was da pakistani person wid da nun chuks)
    Last edited by aS!Dz; 12-29-2003 at 12:43 PM.

Credits
    Stop!!!! I'm gonna burst from laughter!

Is this the best idea for a comedy or what?
    I wish I was there!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast