Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Gambit Sucks?? (X3 Stuff)

This is kind of really confusing me....hope sum1 can clear this up for me

(12/23/03) Talking recently to Dark Horizons, producer Lauren Shuler-Donner confirmed that Beast is a strong possibility for this third movie, and threatened that she might also push to include Gambit. I say threaten, because I am among that vocal portion of the fanbase that is rabidly anti-Gambit. Whereas most of the X-Men characters thus far adapted for the movies are cool, Gambit is "kewl" and "kewlness" sucks. He's a relic of a dark time in comic book history when style was valued over substance, and probably the character that most singularly divides fans into two camps: the Gambit fans and those Gambit bugs. I would pity any actor who ends up playing Gambit; the down side is potentially huge... even if you please the Gambit fans, you still have to deal with all of the people who think the character just plain sucks.
    I got that news from this link Yahoo! Movies

Then wen i go to their link to dark horizons..for the Donner Interview...i found this:
    Are you getting many X3 questions?

Sure, mostly which character would you want to see in X3? [From others] I'm getting Beast, I'm getting Gambit - I have a great idea for Gambit but I can't say what it is.
    Above it sounds like she doesnt want Gambit in the movie...and below it sounds like she really hyped up about him being in da movie :big grin:

[Edit] ahh jus realised it myt b that the yahoo person himself doesnt like gambit!!

Gambits wicked!! his not a sucka! he was a great member of the xmen team almost had shock of my life that donner sed that herself...i was thinking WHY WOULD SHE SAY THAT!!! lolz
    Last edited by aS!Dz; 12-29-2003 at 11:32 AM.

Credits
    ok, not a comic book fan ...

----- who is Gambit ? is he the dude with the playing cards?

thats the only thing i recall from watching some of those cartoons shows of the Xmen
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Yup!! bingo!! Thats da one!

Last edited by aS!Dz; 12-29-2003 at 12:37 PM.

Credits
    For me Gambit is still one of the "new" characters. Hes not an original X-Man and neither one from the secon generation where X-Factor, New Mutants, X-Calibur etc if from.
    Still, I guess hes an "oldie" now considering that hes been around for at least 15 years.
    Anyhow, never really liked or disliked him. I do think though that he could easely be adapted into a good movie character.
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    The only problem I'm cocerned with is that the X team is growing and too many charactors on screen does create conflicts. But who knows... a good director makes these problems to viewers advantage. I sure liked beast & gambit, and I don't see whats wrong bring them in!

I want to see Jubilie join the team.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    yeah ive not been pleased with the short bursts of jubilee just being in da background..i reckon she shud atleast get 30seconds of fame....tho i think thats what is allowing the growth of characters without conflict..the fact that most of them are only gettin short roles...cant wait to see da return of Pyro aswell
    i just hope they give gambit a nice lengthy role rather den jus sticking him in da back to keep fans pleased by thinkin atleast he made it into the movie..

Credits
    well gambit is only one of the biggest badasses ever, i where i post at www.superherohype.com, the x men boards are completely filled with pro-gambit posts and posters

Credits
    Thanks for the reminder wid da link of going there and yup ur right..his defo a badass character

Credits
    no problemo

Credits
    hm, i'm not into comic books, so can anyone tell me what exactly gambit does?
    from the pic posted above i can't imagine him being in the movie. the thought of a guy throwing flame cards is just to cheesy for me
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits
    its not jus cards...he can basically heat nething up n throw it...and his also very good wid beating people up wid that rod of his

Skills: Gambit is a master thief. Hints place him as the best or one of the best in the Marvel Universe and quite capable of getting into, out of, and stealing almost anything without the use of his mutant powers. Gambit is an expert in hand-to-hand fighting especially the use of a bo staff and has incredible aim with throwing objects. Gambit has shown his bravery in battle on numerous occasions. Gambit has also been shown to be very cunning and willing to pick and choose his battles if possible. Hence the name, Gambit.

Unlike most of the other X-Men, he has been known to try to talk his way out of a fight or more likely to buy time to set up his plan and obtain an advantage. He can be very sneaky, observant and patient as seen in Uncanny X-Men #274-276, and does not mind looking weak, afraid, trapped, or hesitant to have his foe underestimate him or to wait for his chance. He also did this in X-Tinction Agenda when he took a spike in his leg to later use as a means of escape. He will also try to anger his foe to get them to make a mistake. He beat Wolverine in a mock battle with his cunning and understanding of people, and was willing to wait in Uncanny X-Men #349 until he had some idea of what he was up against rather than jump head long into almost certain death. In contrast, if not for dumb luck, Joseph's "we must escape now" plan would have killed them all.

Powers: Gambit is a mutant: one whose genetic structure has been mutated since conception. Gambit's most obvious and visually spectacular mutant power takes the potential energy in any object and excites the molecules (i.e. electrons, quarks, etc., physics people take your pick) in it into kinetic energy which is usually explosive. He generally prefers smaller objects as larger objects take more time to "charge" and are harder to throw with accuracy. Plus this is usually more than enough power to take out most foes and if he wants, Gambit can partially charge an object to reduce the amount of energy released. This makes Gambit exceptionally powerful if need be with the only limitations being time, Gambit's will, and moving the object to the target. A larger object, like the anchor he and Storm used on the Phalanx in Uncanny X-Men #313, would be devastating against any foe.

For the most part, Gambit has been shown to have excellent control over this power and has used it in many different ways. For instance, in an issue of X-Men Unlimited, he charged up a container until it just disappeared... his own form of "recycling". In one of the Wolverine appearances, he shot Wolverine 50 feet in the air by cupping his hands and "charging away", which would seem to imply he charged the immediate air molecules, so when Wolverine put his foot in Gambit's hands... up he went. During the X-Men's Shi'ar adventure against the Phalanx, he charged a door and hit it to make the door explode to get it out of the way. Recently, he has developed his powers to the extent that he can create time-delay charges - charge an item so that it explodes entire minutes later.
    Last edited by aS!Dz; 12-29-2003 at 06:29 PM.

Credits
    He's a very unique character and to say he's got no substance is absurd. However, in my opinion the version of Gambit fromt he comics would not work out with the whole Rogue-current X-men, scenario. THey screwed up the other characters too much to throw him in now

Credits
    omg gambit is such a gay character. i have the first appearance of gambit in uncanny x-men and ever since he appeared i've thought he sucked, with his ridiculous costume (what's with the cane?), lame cards, and the even lamer "cajun" accent. but then again, in X3 gambit wouldn't be in the stupid costume so there is potential...

Credits
    he's too chessy for cinema or movies, remember whats good on comics or books or in our imagination does not always translate well once its on screen

Credits
    i believe its his comic character thats too cheesy for the movie universe...but just as a comic character...not cheesy at all.... i mean look at superman...in red pants..now THATS cheesy!!?!? ( n da yelow spandex was cheesy also, yet removed ov )
    Last edited by aS!Dz; 12-30-2003 at 05:33 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast