Aha! I know someone will start a thread like this. Luckily, I'm prepared this year. (Note: these flicks are released in Australia last year, some of which are released before 2003 in the US. Still I'm counting those I've seen in cinemas last year)..

editman's 10 best of 2003 (actually it's 12 ):
10. Ripley's Game - A quaint little film which is (sorta) sequel to The Talented Mr Ripley, and John Malkovich is a better Tom Ripley than Matt Damon.
9 Confidence/Matchstick Men - I like both conman flicks. Both have some good performances and interesting plots.
8. Alexandra's Project - the ONLY good Australian movie of 2003. The rest are garbage. Period.
7. Phone Booth - it's never really boring to me considering how the story is set. A bit short but I quite enjoyed it.
6. Down With Love - Love the 60s feeling in this film. Also reminded me a lot of great films from that era. As I said before, I only wish Renee can be a bit more adorable like Doris.
5. Finding Nemo / Looney Tunes: Back In Action - again I enjoyed personally one as much as the other. And that's what it counts.
4. Catch Me If You Can - it's like Down With Love meets Confidence/Matchstick Men.
3. Swimming Pool - 5 words: Ludivine Sagnier & Charlotte Rampling.
2. One Hour Photo - editman's kind of 'Lonely Looney' film.
1. Kill Bill Vol 1 - I'm not even gonna elaborate.

Disappointments of 2003:
1. T3 - why!!?
2. Hulk - call me shallow but I don't think almost 2 minutes of helicopter shots are worthy of screen time
3. Matrix Reloaded - at least Revolutions is more entertaining.
4. Rules of Attraction - I really REALLY had high hopes after watching the trailers, hoping it could at least match American Psycho, but...
5. Ned Kelly - Australians just don't know how to tell a folk legend in an entertaining way.