Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Manchurian Candidate, The (2004) ?!?!?!?!

what the... a remake that does not make sense... lol.. whats with the title ?!?!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0368008/

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf...471890&intl=us

Cast: Denzel Washington (Bennett Marco), Liev Schreiber (Raymond Shaw), Meryl Streep (Raymond's mother), Kimberly Elise, Miguel Ferrer, Ted Levine, Jon Voight, Jeffrey Wright; other cast not announced yet.

Based Upon: This is a remake of the 1962 film, The Manchurian Candidate, starring Frank Sinatra, Laurence Harvey and Angela Lansbury, which was about a Korean War veteran who was brainwashed by the Chinese as part of a Communist plot to assassinate the president. The legend about this film is that Sinatra was so traumatized by the assassination of J.F.K. a year after the film's release (and the similarities one could potentially see between the two) that he kept the film relatively unseen for over 20 years. Before his death, Frank did reportedly approve the production of a remake, through his daughter Nancy "These Boots are Made for Walking" Sinatra. The original movie was itself based upon the novel "The Manchurian Candidate" by Richard Condon, who also wrote the novel that inspired Prizzi's Honor.

Premise: Captain Bennett Marco (Washington) and Sgt. Raymond Shaw (Schreiber) served together during the Persian Gulf War (the first one), and were part of a platoon of U.S. soldiers who were kidnapped by the enemy (Al Qaeda? Iraq?), and brainwashed to become pawns once they return home, with Shaw's password phrase being "Why don't you pass the time by playing a little solitaire?". Now, ten years later, Raymond Shaw is climbing the political ladder, as his mother's (Streep) new husband is a powerful senator helping a presidential candidate. Marco, however, is not dealing with the adjustment after the war as well, and eventually remembers being brainwashed. Knowing that it's just a matter of time before Shaw is called to service by his handler (who is actually his own mother!), Marco contacts Shaw to try to get through to him before something terrible happens... (note: this is, at least, a simplified synopsis of what the first film was about, except modernized; it's possible there will be other changes made as well) (Ferrer plays the Army major who interrogates the soldiers; Voight plays a liberal senator.)
    well i sort of like the premise.... hahahaha

but the title is an insult to the original movie
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    i guess no1 saw the 1st movie or is slightly interested with this new one.. ooh well

Credits
    I am!

I heard that Meryl replaced Julianne Moore. Julianne probably recommended Meryl since they are now friends.

Anyhow, I wish Denzel wasn’t in this. He's past his prime, into just being annoying and repetitive.

"Black Mamba, I shoulda been motherfu*kin Black Mamba!" - Vernita Green

Credits
    DENZELS PRIME LIVES ON FOREVER AND ALWAS!
    HE WILL BE THE BEST PART OF THIS MOVIE!
    AND I REALLY HOPE THAT ITS GOOD!
    CAUSE IF ITS NOT....
    OPERATION MAYHEM! WOOO! WE GET TO BREAK STUFF!
    Sgt. Johnny Beaufort: He says, "The Apaches are a great race," sir. "They've never been conquered. But it is not well for a nation to be always at war. The young men die... the women sing sad songs... and the old ones are hungry in the winter."
    Fort Apache