Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Angry Hollywood's new generation of "Wooden" leading men

Now I'm on a roll!

I'd to know WHY the executives in Hollywood persist in giving role after role to godawful actors like Paul Walker, Ashton Kutcher, Freddie Prinze Jr, Sean William Scott and yes, even Ben Affleck among others. (The same thing is starting to happen with women and girls like J-Lopez and Hilary Duff!)

In the last 5 years, there's been this worrying trend of terrible movies starring these guys just because they are photogenic.

I mean take Paul Walker (no, go on, PLEASE take him!) he was useless in "Timeline" and "2 fast 2 furious". He showed NO charisma, NO emotions, NO skills, NO anything! You can tell he puts 90% of his acting energy into just looking at the right camera and you can't believe him when he interacts with people (Paul's character as Tyrese's character's friend? A pretty white boy COP friends with a hood black guy? Bulls***!)

Oh yes, Paul is the emphasis of Wooden on screen! Even websites and movie magazines regularly take the p*** out of him!

Also, look at Freddie Prinze Jr, hasn't he coasted through life! Summer catch, Scooby doo, Head over heels (?) and now Scooby doo 2? (you might think I'm jealous here... but he did marry Buffy...b*****d ) All because he has those Sears catalogue looks...but can he truly ACT? In my opinion, NO.

It's the same for all of them. That's why if you look back to the '60s and '70s men were MEN. And in the '50s with Bogart and those guys who commanded respect because they were COOL and calm, not like the hyperactive and (proudly) stupid actors today.

I'm not saying all the male leads should be like Tobey Maguire or Jake Gyllenhall, but dammit, we NEED better, WE need more logic (realism) in movies and WE need better actors! At least it'll make standard Hollywood flicks like Paycheck bearable!

What have I started....

Credits
    aw... Sean William Scott isn't all bad (for his genres anyway).. agreed with the rest though...

Credits
    Stupidity sells, what can we do?

Credits
    You forgot Keanu Reeves.

Credits
    Originally posted by carl
    You forgot Keanu Reeves.
    dito
    Last edited by trailergod; 01-22-2004 at 01:55 AM.
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    I strongly warn of watching any movie with Keanu after the Matrix, when I was watching Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992) he played Jonathan Harker, I almost had to vomit