Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: CSI:New York

Credits

CSI:New York

woohooooo......

i love CSI: Miami and the New York setting would be great

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...leisure_csi_dc

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - CBS is planning another spin-off of U.S. television's most watched show, "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation," with a third edition of the forensic drama set in the Big Apple, a network spokesman said on Friday.

"CSI: New York" is slated to premiere on the Viacom Inc.-owned network this coming fall. A formal announcement is to be made Saturday by CBS President Leslie Moonves at the network's annual winter showcase for television critics.

Like the original show, the new "CSI" is being created by Anthony Zuicker, who will assume day-to-day supervision of the drama. The series will be jointly produced by CBS Prods., Toronto-based Alliance Atlantis Communications Corp. and the production company of Hollywood mogul Jerry Bruckheimer.

A third edition of "CSI" has been anticipated since the first spin-off, "CSI: Miami," starring David Caruso (news), debuted to stellar ratings in 2002, with considerable speculation about where the next show would be based.

The first "CSI" series, which premiered in the fall of 2000, is set in Las Vegas, and like its "Miami" companion follows the work of police crime scene investigators who use high-tech forensics to crack tough cases. It was not immediately clear how closely the show's third incarnation would follow the original formula.

"CSI" and "CSI: Miami" currently rank as No. 1 and No. 5 in household ratings, respectively, among all prime-time shows on U.S. television. The original series averages 26 million viewers per week.

In another sign that crime does pay on prime time, especially when it is part of a hit TV brand, NBC reportedly has a fourth incarnation of its popular "Law & Order" franchise in the works.

If that proves true, "CSI" and "Law & Order" together would account for a total of seven hours of first-run programming every week in prime time
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    CSI: Las Vegas is da the only BEST CSI SHOW on this planet...
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    I very much agree that the original CSI is great and much better than the spin off Miami. But I still think Miami is a fun show.

New York may give it a chance to become gritier and darker, but it will still be the same dog different smell.
    "They took the sky, but we're still flyin..."

Movieman's DVDanswers.com Review Page

Credits
    Hmm... I was just thinking:

CSI 1:Vegas
    CSI 2:Miami
    CSI 3:NYC

and if you look at the past couple GTA games and the new one coming in the fall...

GTA3: NYC
    Vice City: Miami
    GTA4: Vegas.

interesting, don't you think?
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    Interesting, both have decapitated bodies too.
    Sgt. Johnny Beaufort: He says, "The Apaches are a great race," sir. "They've never been conquered. But it is not well for a nation to be always at war. The young men die... the women sing sad songs... and the old ones are hungry in the winter."
    Fort Apache

Credits
    He He that sounds great...i love CSI Miami which is finally airing on tv here in Germany on Vox
    I Hope they will bring us csi NY soon :-)

Credits
    OMG! OMG! OMG! (I'm very excited)

I like Las Vegas better than Miami (mostly because of the much better cast) but NYC would be AWESOME

However it will get serious competition from the Law and Order series both Special Victim's Unit and Criminal Intent, which are both very popular and Criminal Intent works very much like the original CSI with the strong, weird, super-smart lead detective, and very interesting stories

Credits
    I really should get into Law & Order... I've seen a couple episodes but I never really let myself get addicted.

Credits
    Never a huge CSI fan actually. I've seen a couple episodes, but never been that interested.

My buddy is nuts about it though, has his tivo season pass recoring both the other csi's and I'm sure this one will make the list too.

Credits
    hopefully they use another song by my fav band THE motherfuc*ing WHO!!!

Credits
    I always hate how the songs are used for themes for TV shows and half the people (or more like 90%) don't even know who sings/composes it

For example I recently noticed that the theme for "Threat Matrix" was co-composed by Hans Zimmer, my favorite composer

Credits
    Originally posted by Jake
    OMG! OMG! OMG! (I'm very excited)

I like Las Vegas better than Miami (mostly because of the much better cast) but NYC would be AWESOME
    could it be cuz you live in NYC???

Credits
    And Crystal Method did the theme for Third Watch... no one appreciates the finer things...

Credits
    ... and E.S. Pothumus did the theme from Cold Case.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Originally posted by radstar
    could it be cuz you live in NYC???
    No, why would you say that

Partly, I love the show and New York is such a screwed up city I bet the creativity of murder scenes will just get better

It all depends on the cast tho, I simply don't think that the CSI LAs Vegas cast can be assembled again, that cast is perfect, Miami isn't anywhere near as good