Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

"Smallville" star Tom Welling .. Superman?

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/artic...04/story.jhtml

MTV reports that "Smallville" star Tom Welling told reporters at Sunday's Teen Choice Awards that he's signed on for a movie but is not allowed to discuss it, fueling rumors that he will star in "X-Men" director Bryan Singer's new Superman movie. "I'm
    sworn to secrecy," Welling said with a smile. "It's too early." A spokesperson for Warner Bros. said the role has not yet been cast.
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    i kinda hope it is him!! and if its him.. i hope they bring on micheal rosenbaum aswell

Credits
    i wouldn't mind seeing him because as they said for christopher reeve...he's the only one who i can believe can fly...

Credits
    I like that choice, if it is true. I think Welling has done a great job in Smallville in the role, and he deserves to take it all the way.

Of course, just to play devil's advocate, another possibility is that Welling will be part of a flashback sequence connecting the movie to the "Smallville" tv show.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    go welling.. i would support this, i am pretty sure dutch schafer would too

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits
    hes not bad actor to get the superman role if the stories are true.

BTW when is it going to be out?

Credits
    I've seen the following report at a couple different sources. This could be interesting.

"You remember I told you to relax about Superman? That a very, very trusted and experienced director we'd all love was coming over? That McG was just a blip? That everything would be fine? Well, my same good buddy has informed me that, as of last Thursday night[Aug 26], Mister Jim Caviezel is officially the new man of steel and what a perfect choice he is. Expect an announcement shortly. Also, this Superman Returns thing was just for the press release. The movie itself is called SUPERMAN (Reeve's was called SUPERMAN THE MOVIE) and it's starting everything from scratch. Brainiac. Krypton. Robots. Alien super-cities"
    I think they're still planning for a June 2006 release.
    "34 million American adults are obese. Putting together that excess blubber would fill the Grand Canyon two-fifths of the way up. That may not sound impressive, but keep in mind it is a very big canyon."

Credits
    I would love to know what is actually going on with SUPERMAN REBORN. (Actually, I have recently read that this new film is going to be called SUPERMAN. Not to be confused with the original film, SUPERMAN: THE MOVIE.)

I personally believe that Tom Welling would make a good Superman, but it all depends on what Warner Bros. have planned for this film. The jettisoning of McG and JJ Abrams script are good signs, and we certainly don't want to hear any more rumours of Beyoncé Knowles for the part of Lois Lane.

Although I enjoy SMALLVILLE, I believe that The WB should finish the show this year and in the last episode, Clark tells Lana what he is capable of and how one man CAN make a difference (a lá "Superman For All Seasons") before heading off to Metropolis. If Welling is carried over, then without a shadow of a doubt, Michael Rosenbaum's Lex Luthor should as well. Keep the continuity going. The same goes for the Erica Durrance's Loise Lane, who is planned for this season.

I am mot sure whether this is actually going to happen. I, too, have read Mark Millar's post regarding Jim Caviezel as Superman and he certainly knows a lot more than I do.

Would The WB end one of their more popular shows to make way for a movie that has been rotting in development hell for god-knows how long now? Although SMALLVILLE has taken more than a few liberties with the Superman mythos, moved Lex to Smallville, introduced the Kryptonite Freak Of The Week, and pander a little too much to Clark and Lana looking achingly at each other in the Kent barn before Lana leaves, it has been a good show. There have been flashes of excellence, and the cast are excellent (particularly John Glover, good ol' boy John Schneider, Annette O'Toole, Welling and Rosenbaum - plus we are getting Michael Ironside this year of Sam Lane).

I breathed a huge sigh of relief when he was annouced as McG's replacement, and I am going to put my faith in him. Will he use SMALLVILLE as the history of this Superman, or will he draw directly from the comic book history?