Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Lightbulb Please tell me when Appleseed (2004 Anime/Manga version) is released in US or Europe?

I've just downloaded and seen the trailer for Appleseed (2004 Anime/Manga version), oh man, this film looks so gorgeous!

I really think it could be the new 'Akira'! I checked out the website (http://www.a-seed.jp) but it's ALL in Japanese! The only thing I could make out was that the soundtrack included Paul Oakenfold and Bassment Jaxx (the Good Luck single).

Anybody that knows about Anime/Manga movies please tell me what's going on with Appleseed! (I hope Dimension/Miramax OR Columbia-Tristar hasn't got international rights to it!)

Also what else does anyone know about Immortel, the French Sci-Fi drama/thriller, apart from the teaser trailer (at http://www.cinemovies.fr)

Finally, what kind of movies do you think we'll be seeing at Cannes Film Festival in May?

Credits
    Release dates for Immortel, from iMDB...

Belgium: 24 March 2004
    France: 24 March 2004
    It is not enough 'I succeed'. Everyone else must fail.

Credits
    I'm hoping for Australian viewers, Appleseed will show @ JapAnime04 Film Festival this year... including Macross Zero & Innocence Ghost In The Shell.

On that similar note. Information about AppleSeed movie.
    • Based on the OVA
    • Based on Ghost In The Shell Manga (yes.. similar setting and themes.. probably same universe)
    • The story takes place after World War III, when the remaining governments of the devastated Earth create a perfect city watched over by the perfect Biodroids - half-robot, half-human. Life in this city, Olympus, is carefully controlled, and the humans who live there are fed up. Leading to terrorist organizations who plot to destroy Olympus.
    • Started production 2002
    • directed by Aramaki Shinji and produced by Sori Fumihiko, the director of last years hit Japanese live action movie - Ping Pong. In addition to Japanese movies, Sori is also known for his work on James Cameroon's Titanic
    • 21-year-old actress Minowa Asumi will play the role of Deunan.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]