Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Simpsons Movie 2006

Apparently Fox is now paying veteran Simpsons writers to develop the long-awaited Simpsons movie.

From Mike Reiss: "My partner, Al Jean and I and five other veteran writers of the show are currently writing “The Simpsons” movie. They’ve wanted to do this since season two. It’s been 13 years of wanting to do “The Simpsons” Movie. Finally FOX said, “Let’s just do it!”

We never had the greatest idea that was compelling but FOX said, “Maybe if we start paying you, you’ll get inspired.” And sure enough it worked! We’ve got a very good and interesting idea and it’s different from the show. You know, it’s like the “South Park” movie where it’s just a bigger, longer, amplified version of the show. I can’t tell you anything specific about it. My wife doesn’t even know the secret.

[The movie will come out] two years from this summer. I think it’s going to be Summer 2006 or maybe Christmas 2006. It’s a reality after being just sort of this phantom idea. I think it is really gonna happen."

See the whole story here

I'm kinda excited, but a little nervous. Personally, I liked the idea of Fox producing 6-minute Simpsons shorts to show before Fox movies. That idea was kicked around a couple years ago but has since died.

Do you think a Simpsons movie would work?
    "34 million American adults are obese. Putting together that excess blubber would fill the Grand Canyon two-fifths of the way up. That may not sound impressive, but keep in mind it is a very big canyon."

Credits
    It might... but I'm not sure.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    hm on the one hand i would say...great a simpson movie..but on the other hand i am afraid ..what if they put this thing in the ground and ruin it

Credits
    I won't believe the story until I see the teaser/trailer myself.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    im sure it will be good =)
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    I agree with Editman, until something else surfaces, I'm not entirely convinced. Although, I am excited. Am I the only who thinks "Who Shot Mr. Burns?" should have been a movie?

Credits
    Speaking of the Simpson, I can't believe no one from this Forum has posted the Mastercard Superbowl ad with Homer:

http://download.ifilm.com/qt/portal/2532906_200.mov

Credits
    its available in SVCD format on Movie-List Public FTP along with all the ads shown
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Originally posted by Kn'thrak
    its available in SVCD format on Movie-List Public FTP along with all the ads shown
    D'oh, it is too! (Actually I saw the files, but didn't know there's a Simpsons Mastercard spot... D'oh! It did say so...)

Just out of curiosity: where're these MPEG files come from?

Or is it hush hush, wink wink?

EDIT: Nice quality. But Homer's 'Wooo...er... oooh!' audio gets cut out too early at the end.
    Last edited by editman; 02-10-2004 at 09:51 PM.

Credits
    Thanks for the commercial.

I Got Trailers, you're right. Who Shot Mr. Burns was movie caliber.

Credits
    I wonder if they're gonna make it into an R-rated movie with swearing. LOL

Credits
    hope this movie does well enough for them to make their plans of Futurama movie come alive

Credits
    Originally posted by Tony
    I wonder if they're gonna make it into an R-rated movie with swearing. LOL
    Oh ever since the rumour started there've been soooo many speculations of what it's about. At one point I've read (probably from Coming Attractions) that one of the plots may involve Bart losing his virginity.

BUT (and it's a big but!) do not believe in anything when not a single frame has been drawn and animated. (Which is a logical paradox cos a single frame CAN'T be animated! )
    Last edited by editman; 02-12-2004 at 04:21 PM.

Credits
    Futurama rocks... why did they stop it WHY!!!!

Fed7haS
    She's just too pretty for Hollywood. I don't know, put her in a glass box and display her at the Metropolitan Museum of Art or something. - Jake on the topic of Scarlett Johansson.

Credits
    I think it's a good idea and this movie would make some serious $$$

think about it, every teen and adult is going to see it because it's a good, funny show, and every kid will see it 40 times because it's the Simpsons, they just won't get teh jokes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast