Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Robin Williams Ridicules Bush at Berlin Fest

BERLIN (Hollywood Reporter) - The Berlin Film Festival got a much-needed shot of levity Wednesday when Robin Williams (news) turned the news conference for Omar Naim's sci-fi thriller "The Final Cut" into a free-association comedy routine.

Williams got the biggest laughs from the packed room of international journalists and critics when he started taking shots at the Bush government and its search for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq (news - web sites).

"Bush is complaining about a lack of intelligence, which seems sort of redundant," Williams joked. "They say they don't know if Iraq had any WMDs -- well, all they have to do is ask (Vice President Dick) Cheney for the receipts."

Set in a near future in which people can have a computer chip implanted in their brains that records their entire lives, "The Final Cut" was well received by the Berlin crowd in its competition bow, with hearty cheers greeting it at the sold-out press screenings.

Williams plays a video editor who splices together the deceased's recorded memories, cutting out anything unpleasant to make horrible lives into picture postcards.

Asked what he would cut out of the movie of his life, Williams quipped, "Probably those years I was drinking -- but that seems to have happened already."
    I Saw this one on the local news here... and it wuz so funny..
    Question - does anybody got the capture of this press conference or know where i can find that... cause the news only show some clips from it...

Credits
    i am sure i have heard that receipts joke before.. robin likes his political humour

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits
    Originally posted by Stormwalker
    i am sure i have heard that receipts joke before.. robin likes his political humour
    He He Yes he do......but ya dont know where to get this tape from the interview