Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

[- NEWS -] NeX Gen X-Box

Microsoft's next-generation Xbox (due 2005-2006) is slowly taking shape, with IBM for CPUs and SIS for chipsets.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    2005-2006 sounds logical. But I read this morning another article which claims that according to current MS roadmaps, the next XBox will be announced in January 2004 and should be available by late fall of the same year.
    It is not enough 'I succeed'. Everyone else must fail.

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Wink

just BTW: I don't care for Micro$oft products, I just waiting PSX3 to be done!

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits
    Oh thats just great! i just bought an X-Box 1, and now there are already plans for a sequel. damn dirty microsoft!

mind you, xbox is a pukka console. ive been mostly playing knights of the old republic. top game! im not really a playstation man.

Credits
    Microsoft at this rate should just make it a new PC. I mean, that's record pace!

Credits
    record pace?
    thats still 3 years from now, the first x-box came out in late 2001, so it's 5 years from then.
    i'm looking forward to it, imo the xbox is the best console right behind the dreamcast (rip:angel").

ok, i also loved my snes
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits
    Dreamcast? You're one of the poor souls who bought it, aren't you? Viva Playstation... And X-Box.

Credits
    the dreamcast is a great console, there are many very good games out for it, that weren't available for any other gaming system at that time (sonic, shenmue, samba de amigo). it was also the first console to support online gaming, i had a lot of fun with phantasy star online.
    and the graphics were fantastic compared to the newer and back then much more expensive ps2.
    and you also have a great opportunity to emulate with it. you could download a lot of stuff for it, i really liked the emulator for the quake and doom files. you simply added the wad(?) files from your pc, burned it and you could play doom and quake on your dreamcast.

Credits
    i believe it was the strong games at the time that came out on the psx that really made it hard for the dreamcast to compete..which made the fight easier for the over rated ps2... (yes i own all these consoles) and at the moment they are all catching dust and the only one i seem to be playin at the mo is the xbox as it is the latest console i hav.... i just dont seem to hav the time to play games compared to the good old days Rock on 2 xbox 2 and ps3....im an allrounder...yet believe the Psx was the classic that broke many boundaries and had the greatest games!!!:angel" :big grin:

Credits
    i also only play on my xbox.
    i also had a gamecube, but i almost never played with it, so i sold it on ebay.
    i also still have a nes, a snes and a megadrive/genesis, but they are currently not conected to my tv. i only have my xbox and my dreamcast standing next to the dvd player

Credits
    Long live NES!!!

Credits
    Erm NES is kinda dead...lolz
    well my one is neways

im shocked...cuz im actually playing my ps2 lately due to the addictiv timecop 2.... for the xbox im luvin the simpsons Hit and Run..really funny game that.. good grafix...made me wonder...new xbox would kill monkey asses!

Credits
    IMO, XBox has the worst games of the 3 next gen consoles.. I didn't think Halo was that great and I haven't played KOTOR. (waiting for the pc version)

Credits
    heres an article i found for the coming specs of the new X-Box. Remember, there is no final decision on the hardware but this is based on a between of the alpha development and final build.

Source: http://xbox.gamespy.com/xbox/microso.../594331p1.html

Here are some great points that the article mentions

• CPU - Xenon's CPU has three 3.0 GHz PowerPC cores. Each core is capable of two instructions per cycle and has an L1 cache with 32 KB for data and 32 KB for instructions. The three cores share 1 MB of L2 cache. Alpha 2 developer kits currently have two cores instead of three.
    • Optical Drive - As many have speculated, Xenon will not use Blu-Ray or HD-DVD. Games will come on dual-layer DVD-9 discs. While the media is the same as that of the current Xbox, the usable space on each disc is up to 7 GB. The drive is slated to run at 12X.
    • Camera - Xenon will have a USB 2.0 camera. It's capable of 1.2 megapixel still shots and VGA video. Photos can be used in-game and for gamer profiles. The camera can also be used for video chat. It's unknown if the Xenon camera will allow for EyeToy-like gameplay. Developers are currently using a simulated camera driver.
    • Developers are being instructed to plan their games for high-definition. The baseline is 720p at 1280x720 for gameplay and video clips, 16:9 aspect ratio, 5.1 Surround Sound, and anti-aliasing. These features are the current minimum requirement.
    • For gameplay movies, Xenon uses Xenon Motion Video (XMV). XMV is based on Windows Media 9 and uses the mandatory codec for HD-DVD. The goal for video is 720p running at 30 frames per second with 5.1 Surround Sound.
    Any hardware nuts out there would certainly enjoy this. I'm just happy to see that games will be HDTV MORE compatible and the LIVE experience will be alot better. Now, adding a camera to an X-Box??? A camera + little kids playing X-Box = ... u do the math! Microsoft better be careful!!
    Last edited by Kn'thrak; 03-09-2005 at 09:44 AM.

Credits

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast