Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Madrid Train Terror Blasts Kill 180 / 900 injured

... i think this is so far the biggest terrorist attack in western european history....

http://story.news.yahoo.com/fc?cid=3...orld&cat=Spain

Ten terrorist bombs tore through trains and stations along a commuter line at the height of Madrid's morning rush hour Thursday, killing more than 180 people and wounding more than 900 before this weekend's general elections. Officials blamed Basque separatists for the worst terror attack in Spanish history. "This is mass murder," said a somber Prime Minister Jose Maria Aznar following an emergency cabinet meeting, vowing to hunt down the attackers and ruling out negotiations with the ETA separatist group.
    I do hope they get those bastards responsible

http://www.bild.t-online.de/BTO/index.html

UPDATE,
    now 192 dead and 1250 injured
    Last edited by trailergod; 03-11-2004 at 07:06 PM.
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    yah.. i heard about this earlier... it is very sad!! i pray for them
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    Now they have found a van with explosive detonators and a videotape about Coran(I don't know if that's spelled right). So now they think it might also be a fundementalist islam terrorist organisation, but nothing is sure because it sounds so unbeliveable.

I'm sorry for the lost of the victims relatives .

Political add: Also it's quite bad that after this EU is most definetly create a army of it's own, which is a very bad thing.

Credits
    My God! I feel sorry for the victims and widows.

Credits
    This is unbelivable.... when will this madness end...

My Deepest sympathy for those who lost loved ones....

Fed7haS

I feel sorry for the victims and widows.
    Isent it funny that we always think of MEN dying and women left behind? i think its cos the notion of women getting blown to bits is so far from oure minds that we dont think about the posibilaty of widowMEN or what thats called hehe.... sorry IGT dont mean this in a negative way.... your sentense just made me think... cos i would have written 100% the same thing if i dident just have this crasy idear.....
    She's just too pretty for Hollywood. I don't know, put her in a glass box and display her at the Metropolitan Museum of Art or something. - Jake on the topic of Scarlett Johansson.

Credits
    its very sad to here... anyone from ML live in this country?

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits

heres a graphic of what happened...

ohhh its the 11th of the month?
    more infos now state Bin Laden might have something to do with this

Credits
    Originally posted by trailergod
    ohhh its the 11th of the month?
    six months apart...
    is that ironic or not??

Credits
    Originally posted by Stormwalker
    its very sad to here... anyone from ML live in this country?
    I live in Spain, so you can imagine how do I feel and what do I think of that coward bastards. The trains were mainly full of students going to university and workers. It's horrible

I believe that ETA, and not islamic fundamentalism it's behind that. Recently two ETA members where captured with 500 Kg of explosives. They were going to Madrid. Last christmas, a similar operation involving trains and backpacks full of dinamite was aborted by spanish police, and it was ETA again. After an attack, they usually leave trap bombs for the security forces or whoever goes to help the victims. I think that they just want to confuse people (this week we celebrate general elections); also, it seems absurd for an islamic fanatic to need a cassette used to learn & study the Coran...

I don't know. I just feel pain in the soul, anger and hate, not for the Basque country or islamic nations, but for the mindless pieces of **** that can do something like that. Fortunately, I don't have any kind of power, because now, still in the spur of the moment, I only can desire to see the blood of that evil pest and everybody who supports them, no matter what cause they defend or think they are defending

Credits
    i believe it was el kaida
    imo it's some sort of revenge, because aznar is a strong supporterr of bush's politics. i think what happened yesterday could cost him his re-election (aznar's, not bush).

btw, i just read on yahoo, that yesterday was exactly 911 days after 9/11/01
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits
    Originally posted by streetpreacher
    btw, i just read on yahoo, that yesterday was exactly 911 days after 9/11/01
    well...

2 years = 365x2 = 730 days

+ recent full months
    October = 31 days
    November = 30 days
    December = 31 days
    January = 31 days
    Febuary = 29 days

+ rest of September = 30 - 11 = 19 days

and at last
    This Mars = 11 days

Gives:
    730+31+30+31+31+29+19+11=912 days.

Mars 10 was 911 days after.

So if this was some kind of planed thing to end up on 911 days after they really should have opened their callender and checked if its a leapyear or not.

Bad guys & Yahoo: 0 points
    Gaumont: 1 point
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    dang.. gaumont beat me to it

Credits
    whoohoo =)

Credits
    they forgot to carry a one probably forgot that its a leap year or maybe.. they were working on the wrong side of the dateline (i think that wont work.. but makes for a good joke)

i just want to know why spain? what did spain do that was so bad that it had to become a target? (and i dont want to hear one answer that has the word america in it.. ) yes i realise america didnt technically do anything to deserve their attacks, but they did interfere with alot of foreign states...

does spain do this too? i have never heard of it? i just dont understand why spain...

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Lightbulb

Originally posted by Stormwalker
    i just dont understand why spain...
    because their government support USA attack/war on Iraq...

BTW (from French newspaper Le Mondo):
    "If the trail back to Al-Qaida is confirmed, Europeans should rethink the war against Islamic fundamentalist terrorism, as did the United States after the attacks of September 11, 2001. . . . Will March 11 have in Europe the same effect as September 11 in the US? After having spontaneously expressed their solidarity with the Americans, the Europeans, preoccupied with other forms of terrorism, found that the Americans had become consumed with paranoia. Contrary to the latter in 2001, Europeans today discover not only their own vulnerability, but also that they are confronted with a new phenomenon, mass terrorism. Like the Americans, they may now be forced to admit that a new form of world war has been declared, not against Islam but against totalitarian and violent fundamentalism. That the world's democracies are confronted with the same menace and should act together, using military means and waging at the same time a war for their ideals."
    p.s. just read that death number is already 200...

ZUBi says: NOTE again: don't F up with fanatics (sad but true).
    Last edited by ZUBi; 03-13-2004 at 08:59 AM.

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast