Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

[NewS] Spielberg & Cruise Teaming on War of the Worlds!

Steven Spielberg and Tom Cruise will bring The War of the Worlds to the big screen, with Cruise expected to star, reports Variety. David Koepp (Secret Window) will rewrite a Josh Friedman first-draft script based on the classic H.G. Wells alien-invasion novel.

Depending on how quickly a script is approved, the sci-fi epic could start filming in late 2005. Cruise and his C/W Productions partner Paula Wagner set up the film at Paramount in May 2002. DreamWorks will come aboard as a partner, now that Spielberg is involved, adds the trade.

Cruise and Wagner will produce, and it is likely Spielberg and DreamWorks Pictures co-heads Walter Parkes and Laurie MacDonald will be involved in that capacity as well.

"War" became permanently etched in American culture when Orson Welles' Mercury Theater performed the story on radio in 1938 and ignited a nationwide panic when listeners didn't realize it was fiction. H.G. Wells wrote the book in 1898.

Also, while Spielberg's plans for Indiana Jones 4 have stalled, he's now interested in The Rivals, the Robin Swicord-scripted drama centered on 19th-century legit stars Sarah Bernhardt and Eleonora Duse. That film seems likely for a winter start at DreamWorks. And C/W is preparing Mission: Impossible 3 for Paramount, to be helmed by Narc director Joe Carnahan. The third film is expected to go into production this summer, with Cruise to star.
    In not a big Cruise fan but with spelberg it cant go wrong... this will be mega cool

Fed7haS

Sorce : comingsoon.net
    She's just too pretty for Hollywood. I don't know, put her in a glass box and display her at the Metropolitan Museum of Art or something. - Jake on the topic of Scarlett Johansson.

Credits
    Cruise and Spielberg. Can't beat that team. Loved Minorty Report (minus the lame attempts at humor). This could be awesome!
    "34 million American adults are obese. Putting together that excess blubber would fill the Grand Canyon two-fifths of the way up. That may not sound impressive, but keep in mind it is a very big canyon."

Credits
    Hopefully Spielberg will make it with the same feel of Close Encounters of the Third Kind and not AI. Just a simple and beautiful story.
    "In case I don't see you--good afternoon, good evening and good night." -The Truman Show

Credits
    i know its lame.. but i kinda hope its a suped up version of independance day hehe.. i love destruction and action

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}