Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

and you thought a Fight Club game was bad (Seven Samurai 20XX)

20XX: Shichinin no Samurai (JPN)

Inspired by Akira Kurosawa's samurai movie masterpiece of all time, Seven Samurai 20XX engages players with an experience that combines intense melee-style samurai combat with an epic story that takes this timeless tale into the future. The game is a third-person 3D action game focused on high-intensity, melee-style combat, with four play modes and adjustable fighting styles. Using a variety of swordplay styles, players employ numerous single and double katana attacks and an arsenal of moves that grows with their mastery of the samurai way. The game features 40+ characters, with concept and design work by comic artists Moebius and an opening theme composed by Ryuichi Sakamoto.
    http://ps2.ign.com/objects/552/552482.html?ui=gamefinder

http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/552/552482/imgs_1.html

Now Fight Club would just have been another bad game of the movie deal but this I find physically offensive!!!

Anyway,
    The game features 40+ characters
    Then why the hell are they gonna call it Seven Samurai?
    Last edited by carl; 03-18-2004 at 12:12 AM.

Credits

Re: and you thought a Fight Club game was bad (Seven Samurai 20XX)

Originally posted by carl
    Then why the hell are they gonna call it Seven Samurai?
    Maybe you can play as one of the villagers? Or as one of the bandits? So that still makes it 'Shichinin no Samurai'.

But man, I'm speechless. Perhaps we can expect the game versions of 'Rashomon', 'High & Low' & 'Yojimbo' coming out soon.

Then game versions of 'Tokyo Story', 'Late Spring' & 'Floating Weeds'.

Then maybe one day, you can play 'Citizen Kane' on your PS2/GameCube/Xbox too...

Now THAT would be insane...

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits

Re: Re: and you thought a Fight Club game was bad (Seven Samurai 20XX)

Originally posted by editman
    Then maybe one day, you can play 'Citizen Kane' on your PS2/GameCube/Xbox too...

Now THAT would be insane...
    Kill the bad guys by preaching about political issues?

It's sad to see that Hollywood has lost creativity like turning Ringu into "The Ring", and the video game industry has lost it as well by making these games based on movies...
    "In case I don't see you--good afternoon, good evening and good night." -The Truman Show

Credits

Re: Re: Re: and you thought a Fight Club game was bad (Seven Samurai 20XX)

Originally posted by chizzace
    Kill the bad guys by preaching about political issues?
    No, it's like 'sim city 1940': you start off buying a newspaper house. Steal the best human resources from rival newspapers. Create your own eye-catching headlines measured in shock values. Make a forunte. Marry your dream girl. Then inflate your ego. Have an affiar with a 3rd-rate singer. Run for the governor (may or may not win). Lose your first wife and kid in a car accident. Lose your dignity and soul but own everything and die whispering your choice of words. (May or may not be 'Rosebud'. Can be 'damn', 'sh*t', 'f***', 'awesome', 'full-on', 'sweet', 'dude' or 'what have I done to deserve this?')...

Okay, any of you Warner Bros/RKO plants reading this: if you do put out a 'Citizen Kane' game later on, you STOLE my idea. Pay me royalty for my inspiration or I'm gonna sue your a** - big time...

And preacher, I think that 'Seven Samurai' game is actually a Japanese product, not a Hollywood one.
    Last edited by editman; 03-18-2004 at 12:54 AM.

Credits
    I think you missed the point about the Fight Club game, it wasn't about fighting, it was about the enlightment of pain, the bond that connects lost souls and wasted lives, the anarchist need to abolish our current system...blah.blah...muahewayhaah

Discard above paragraph, I'm just a raving lunatic, this is such spam

Credits
    Apparently I'm the only one who sees that this is simply the PS2 trying to make their own version of Ninja Gaiden, the highly hyped and now highly sucessful game for XBox, that looks EXACTLY like that game, except the graphics are about 50 times better on Gaiden.

Credits
    Originally posted by Mark Strube
    and now highly sucessful game for XBox
    is it already out in the usa?
    it doesn't come out here in europe until may
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits
    Originally posted by Mark Strube
    Apparently I'm the only one who sees that this is simply the PS2 trying to make their own version of Ninja Gaiden, the highly hyped and now highly sucessful game for XBox, that looks EXACTLY like that game, except the graphics are about 50 times better on Gaiden.
    Gaiden or no Gaiden, naming the game Seven Samurai is completely wrong since Seven Samurai had nothing to do with fancy future ninjers and their silly little lightning bolt sword attacks. Seven Samurai is one of the greatest films in history, it's not even as though it's a recent film or a film popular enough with the average cinema file to make a difference. It's merely the studios proving that nothing is sacred, and having no reason to actually do so.