Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Thumbs down DUDE, WHERE'S MY WORLD TRADE CENTER?

By Devin Faraci
    Contributing Sources: The Hollywood Reporter

It’s been three years but not many films have directly addressed 9/11 and the aftermath. Pretty much all I can think of is Spike Lee’s genius 25th Hour. Now a new film, The Great New Wonderful, shooting on digital in New York City this week, tackles the uncertain time after the attacks in a darkly comic vein, following five intertwined relationships.

TV director (as well as helmer of the underappreciated Dude, Where’s My Car? And the great-titled Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle, due out this year) Danny Leiner is the main behind the DV camera, and he’s assembled a really decent cast for the film, including Edie Falco, Maggie Gyllenhaal , Tony Shalhoub, Olympia Dukakis, "The Station Agent" writer-director Thomas McCarthy, Judy Greer, Will Arnett, Jim Gaffigan and Naseeruddin Shah (aka Nemo from the atrocious LXG).

It’s about time that movies started being made about this event. While the fear of an exploitation remains, there is not a single New Yorker who I know who isn’t still, in some way, affected by 9/11. The attacks are a glaring turning point in our history – politically, socially and personally – and should be tackled by all the arts.
    http://www.chud.com/news/mar04/mar16wtc.php3

Credits
    Is this supposed to be a comedy?
    somehow I don't think that anyone involved with D,WMC? can do a drama

wtf?

Credits
    Dude, misleading thread title... I thought Fox is finally making a sequel of Dude, Where's My Car? and making fun of 9/11.

Now that would be whack.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    Originally posted by editman
    Dude, misleading thread title... I thought Fox is finally making a sequel of Dude, Where's My Car? and making fun of 9/11.

Now that would be whack.
    It was the title of the article.

Credits
    really already.. its "time" the movies should be made... or is that just because they want to get that out of the way.. so blackhawk down 2 can be made and focus on the iraq war!?

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}