Thanks Thanks:  0
    ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Exclamation Judge: File sharing legal in Canada (!)

Sharing copyrighted works on peer-to-peer networks is legal in Canada, a federal judge ruled on Wednesday, handing the record industry a sharp setback in its international fight against file swappers...

read more:
    http://news.com.com/2100-1027_3-5182641.html
    ZUBi says: GO CANADA, GO ! :big grin:
    Last edited by ZUBi; 04-03-2004 at 07:31 PM.

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ZUBi
    hehe proud to be a Canadian! :big grin:

Credits
    Well, I'm afraid I have to agree with the rest of the world.

If you use a product, you should pay for it. Now, trailers, aren't sold ... they are advertising, so I have no problem with trailers. But if you download movies or music or software that are sold in the marketplace, you should pay for them! Those items are a result of someone's work, and they should be paid for their work, just as you or I are paid for our work efforts. How would you like someone coming into your work environment, taking your work product, and then saying .. oh, you're not getting paid this week ... I'm just going to take this and leave?

I admit, I have downloaded music and software. But in every case, if I liked the product, I then purchased it. OR deleted it. I don't use unpaid-for products. I don't think it is ethical.

Credits
    really... whats the difference between listening to music on the radio.. or listening to it from a p2p source? i used to tape the songs of the radio and top 40 shows.. now i download.. i dont see how my change affects the music industry in anyway.. it balances out.. and if I REALLY like. it ill buy it.. same as always... i dont give my money away.. it has to be earnt.. just playing music isnt enough.. i have to like it before i buy it.. and thats something the music industry just has to get used to.

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits
    I wish the music industry would have realized paid-downloads way earlier. They are so behind the times! At least they are bringing the prices down on CDs. I bought the Punisher soundtrack for $10.
    http://web.sm3thegame.com/media/2502/2863/9999999/BannerPassContest1.gif

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwalker
    really... whats the difference between listening to music on the radio.. or listening to it from a p2p source? i used to tape the songs of the radio and top 40 shows.. now i download.. i dont see how my change affects the music industry in anyway..
    same here.
    i don't buy less since napster & co came out. i'd even say i buy more, because i get to know much more stuff than before. imo artists that don't get airplay even benefit becuase of mp3's, because people that would have never ever heard of them get to know them and buy their stuff.
    people around me also didn't change their habits. those that bought cds before still buy them and people that didn't buy cds still don't buy them.
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits
    Anyone know any cheap flights to Canada?

Credits
    The difference in listening to the radio and downloading for free is that you listen to ads on the radio, and those ads pay for the music to be played. The person who wrote and performed the music get paid EVERY TIME the music is played on the radio. Year after year. That is fair. When you download, they don't get squat unless you go out afterwards and buy the cd.

Credits
    tell me... what is the difference between going to the library and do tones of photocopy of books IN THE LIBRARY (that are suppose to be copyright) and copy music on the net Hmmm?

Credits

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ZUBi
    its good but then is fuuny too Go Canada