Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits
    not bad i did't like S3 only the 1 and 2

Credits
    Hey Guiboche,

nice Trailer, doesnt spoil too much and you havent used that much from the opening scene, well done!
    I dont like that you used the knife sound that often and that you used to many cuts.

But the ending of the Trailer is perfect!!! go on!

Ever thought of creating a Trailer for Alien 1-3?

DVDRick

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiboche
    The film burn effect was done all inside After Effects.

And then you watch it burn! :big grin:
    Cool. Any chance of grabbing the actual aep file from you? (I don't need the media. I just wanna take a look at the settings.)

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits

Great Job

I just had the chance to check out your latest trailer for Scream 3. What else can be said except you did a fantastic job...quite talented indeed. I'm looking forward to any and all of your future works. Very well done!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DVDRick
    Hey Guiboche,

nice Trailer, doesnt spoil too much and you havent used that much from the opening scene, well done!
    I dont like that you used the knife sound that often and that you used to many cuts.
    DVDRick
    You're probably right about the knife sounds. And you should've seen the first edit I had. There was like 6 knife sounds right after the other. Ka-CHING-Ka-CHING-Ka-CHING-Ka-CHING-Ka-CHING-Ka-CHING six times

And as for the cuts, again, it was trimmed down quite a bit. Much of my first edits were cut faster then that Jennifer Lopez video "Waiting for Tonight" (and that video was cut freakin' fast

It might be still a bit fast in spots. Mainly the "I wanna know what happened" part still whips by a little to fast. The work I had to do to make Courtney say "Wait for the movie" (to take out her swearing) where damned hard as hell to do. All her words were overlapping and someone cut into her dialogue. Egh!

But the ending of the Trailer is perfect!!! go on!
    DVDRick
    Yes! And it goes perfectly with the idea I was going for. All the movie-within-the-movie stuff. I had no idea how to end the trailer, and I came up with it last minute. I had the idea to do the film flipping from Dawn of the Dead, then I remembered Wes Craven's New Nightmare trailer, and combined the flipping idead with the burnup :big grin:

Ever thought of creating a Trailer for Alien 1-3?
    DVDRick
    Hehe, I've thought about doing trailers for pretty much every film in my DVD library

And Alien has definitely crossed my mind. Not sure if/when I'll make one, but you can guarantee that if it does, you will definitely see it posted on Movie-List!

Credits
    hey guiboche. i just joined the forum for one reason. and that is to ask you how to do a sweet film burn like you did for the Scream 3 trailer. im pretty new to after effects. ive tried a couple things and cant get it to look right. if there is anything you can do to help me out, id appreciate it. tutorial links...anything. thanks a lot!!!
    ~R~

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocko
    hey guiboche. i just joined the forum for one reason. and that is to ask you how to do a sweet film burn like you did for the Scream 3 trailer. im pretty new to after effects. ive tried a couple things and cant get it to look right. if there is anything you can do to help me out, id appreciate it. tutorial links...anything. thanks a lot!!!
    ~R~

You mean you didn't join to talk to all the cool people in here. Boohoo

As for that effect, I did it in After Effects.

But I can't give you a personal tutorial on it. Since I get ask this question A LOT. And I mean A LOT. (my inbox gets a "how did you do this" every second day).

I will say that I used CC Film Burn to create a back and white film burn effect. That doesn't actually burn the edges, but transitions the image based on expanding soft edge circles.

I used that to transition the image to black. Then I used displacement mapping and caustic effects to get the edges to bubble and move. I then added orange/red to the edge using Colorama.

Hope that helps a bit

Later

Credits
    sweet!! that helps for sure. im currently dissecting the trailer and the images you posted to figure out the best way to do this thing. man is it tough to be doing something new on a deadline!!! anyways, i appreciate your help.
    ~R~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12