Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Jackie Chan - Favorite Movie

In honor of his upcoming new movie, what is your favorite Jackie Chan flick?

I think Shanghai Noon is my favorite English language one, and Rumble in the bronx had some great action scenes. I'm by no means a martial arts movie buff, so I'm sure some of his Hong Kong stuff is great.

I think his new movie looks good too - Jackie doing what he does best - kicking butt and dropping one liners.

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Thumbs up

I also really like too see JC movies, but one I really like & that's because it was filmed here in Slovenia is:

Armour of God (1987)

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits
    I'm not that familiar with Jackie Chan, but I would have to say Rush Hour 2. Of course, the only movies I have seen him in are the two Rush Hour movies and Shanghai Knights, so my knowledge base is fairly limited.

I will say I don't care for the animated "Jackie Chan Adventures."
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    Not a big fan at all. My favourite would be the first one I saw in theatre:

Mr Canton and Lady Rose

Also, okay with Police Story & Armour of God.

None of his Hollywood flick (to be precise, his post-Golden-Harvest-era flicks) is as good as those I mentioned above. In fact, it all went downhill since City Hunter (with the exceptions of Drunken Master II, Crime Story & Rumble in the Bronx).

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    Drunken Master II, of course!
    It shows the spirit of fighting and struggling, totally moving and encourging
    ZHao:But in my arms, she was always Lolita

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by editman
    Not a big fan at all. My favourite would be the first one I saw in theatre:

Mr Canton and Lady Rose
    Yes, my favourite too... Not much action, but I really like the comedy part.

Credits
    i like them all!! (especially Shanghai Noon)
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    Drunken Master II
    Police Story I & 2
    Armour of god 1 & 2
    Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads!
    [My Top 20 Movies @ YMDB] [My Bottom 20 Movies @ YMDB]

Credits
    My All Time Favorite Jackie Chan Flick is "Project A" ! it has everything, cool action, good humuor and awesome stunts, and a quirky, intelligent storyline too! i just love this flick!

Credits
    I love Jackie Chan films although some of them I cringe to as well.

I am not to sure what my favorite film is. Most of the time I would base it on the content of the main fight sequences or stunts.

Two of my favorite fight sequences were WHo Am I (roof top sequence) and Drunken Master 2 resturant fight and ending fight scenes.

Also the original Drunken Master was really good for the training and the originality of the fight choregraphy.

Movie Trivia. question? WHat movie did he sing for that was about a famous Chinese Hero?

What movie did he play as a villian and what movie did he get killed by another famous kungfu actor?

Man I could talk about this stuff for ever.
    I could go on and on about this but I already had my fill of discussing this subject once when I and a few other editors were asked to edit a bunch of his films for a DVD to be played in his Resturant in Hawaii. That was alot of fun but we almost edited some of them to make them look like trailers while they were suppose to be montages.

The crappy thing was I didn't get paid for it and we had to make our own music for the damn thing, but I was like "hell yeah I will jump at the chance to edit montages of jackie Chan whether its for money or not.". Probably the only time I will ever be willing to do something for free. ALthough they want us to do more but this time we ain't doing it for free.

Credits
    Drew Boi - that's awesome. Were you happy with how the montage turned out?

I hope you included that ladder sequence from Rumble in the Bronx - one of my favorites.

I really enjoy CHan's physical comedy style - both in his older HK movies and his American ones. To me - the more Jackie action the better though - and it seems like his new movie is letting him show that he's still got it. I'm salivating at the potential of having Jackie fight people in all differenct countries and cultures - could be very cool

Credits
    Bronx & Noon (both) are my favourites. I haven't seen many, but I wil see Police Story soon.

Credits
    my favourite has to be Wheels on Meals, not many people like it but i love the humour and action in it..
    also love
    Police story 1 and 2
    Armour of god 1 and 2

Credits
    Yes and no. Yes because despite my thoughts of the final product the owner was like wow. They were very impressed with what the team and I came up with. Yes because it is Jackie Chan and I got to spend alot of time watching all of his movies. Yes because it got me more jobs down the line and my name in the industry.

No because I had to use music loops, we had a 2 week deadline, and also the AV guy that setup the system never bothered to tell us what type of TV these movies were going to be played on. We had finished 1 or 2 montages a piece (out of the 4 of us) with a intro and then the AV guy finally contacted us after a week and said this DVD will be played on a widescreen format HD. We had about lost our lunch when we realized that we were outputing and editing in the wrong pixel aspect ratio.

But thats what happens when you get a last minute job and they don't have all the important valuable information on hand when you need it.

BUt we eventually got it done but me and my other friend that was working on ths project were totally shaking our heads at the final result since we had to ruch our efforts to get the DVD finished. But when it played opening night, Everyone was impressed. I guess you can't argue with that.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew Boi

What movie did he play as a villian and what movie did he get killed by another famous kungfu actor?
    He played the villian in one of his early movies called "Police Woman" (1974) aka Rumble in Hong Kong, Young Tiger and he also played the bad guy in "The Killer Meteors" (1976) and the one where he gets killed by another famous kung fu actor.. is that in da movie Hand Of Death-1975 (not sure bout that one) or was it New Fist of Fury ??
    Last edited by aS!Dz; 04-21-2004 at 04:55 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast