Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Battlestar Galactica series finally filming

Battlestar Galactica" is now in front of the cameras again.

The Sci-Fi Channel-produced series has returned to production nearly two months after the cable channel announced that it would be picking the project up for a series.

Michael Rymer, the director famous for his work in "Queen of the Damned," and who directed the Galactica miniseries, will return to direct the show's premiere, according to the Sci-Fi Channel.

The original miniseries, which aired last December, eventually became cable's most watched miniseries of the year. It stars Edward James Olmos, Mary McDonnell and Katee Sackhoff, who will return for the series.

Former "Battlestar Galactica" actor Richard Hatch -- who has spoken out against the miniseries -- will be giving his stamp of approval to the series by making a guest appearance in the new series. He will play Peter Zarek, who is described as a "Nelson Mandela-like figure," who has spent the last 20 years in jail for inciting civil unrest against the government of the 12 Colonies. In an early episode, Zarek and his followers will riot against the leadership of the BSG fleet, and will create a hostage situation that McDonnell's character of President Roslin has to resolve with Olmos' Cmdr. Adama.

The show will premiere first on Sky One in the United Kingdom sometime in December, with its premiere expected in January in the United States on the Sci-Fi Channel.

SyFy Portal
    I really enjoyed the miniseries and if the series goes along the same path, then I am there.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    GREAT NEWS!!! :big grin:

thanks!!!
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."