Scifiwire Movie News

Star Trek 11?
X-Men 3 in the Works
Underworld 2 News
Indy IV delayed
-------------------------
Star Trek 11?

Star Trek producer Rick Berman told the British Dreamwatch magazine that he is now developing an 11th Trek movie, according to a report on the TrekWeb fan site. "I am involved in the very early stages of what could be the next Star Trek movie," Berman reportedly told the magazine. "It's something I will be producing with two other producers."

Berman said the proposed movie would be a prequel, but declined to elaborate. In the wake of the poor box-office performance of Star Trek Nemesis, the 10th film in the franchise, cast members and others have been widely quoted as saying that there will be no more Trek movies featuring the characters from The Next Generation.

Earlier, the Dark Horizons Web site reported a rumor that Paramount was developing a Starfleet Command movie project.

Berman also told the magazine that he is developing a non-Trek SF TV series with Star Trek: Enterprise producing partner Brannon Braga.
----------------------
X-Men 3 in the Works

Hugh Jackman, who will likely reprise the role of Wolverine in a proposed third X-Men movie, confirmed to SCI FI Wire that the sequel is in the works, but that the story has yet to be locked down. "I know they're in discussions about it," Jackman said in an interview while promoting his next movie, Van Helsing. "They're trying to work out schedules and things like that."

The last film in the Marvel Comics-based franchise, X2, ended with the death of Jean Grey and the hint of the comics' Dark Phoenix storyline, in which Grey transforms into a powerful and evil mutant. Will the third X-Men movie pick up that thread? "There's no script yet, so I'm not sure," Jackman said in reply.
-------------------------
Underworld 2 News

Kate Beckinsale, who will reprise the role of the vampire Selene in the upcoming sequel to Underworld, told SCI FI Wire that her real-life fiance, director Len Wiseman, is currently writing the script, but keeping it a big secret. "It's under lock and key at the moment, but I know that they're definitely talking about it," Beckinsale said in an interview while promoting her next movie, Van Helsing. "There's lots of furtive reading of scripts in the bathroom. So I think they're writing it, but I think they don't want to get me involved in case I freak out about something."

A dark, stylish Romeo and Juliet story with vampires and werewolves locked in a centuries-old war, Underworld was directed and co-written by Wiseman. Wiseman, who made music videos prior to becoming a feature-film director, will co-write and direct the second film as well.

Beckinsale will again play Selene, an assassin (or "death-dealer") charged by her fellow vampires with hunting down and killing the bloodsuckers' mortal enemies, werewolves (or Lycans). Beckinsale's Underworld co-star, Scott Speedman, has also already signed on to reprise his role in the next movie.
------------------------
Indy IV delayed

A fourth Indiana Jones movie may be further delayed as principals Harrison Ford, Steven Spielberg and George Lucas have committments that fill their schedules well beyond the planned July 4, 2005, release date, E! Online reported. The fourth installment in the beloved movie franchise was initially targeted for release next year, but the script was sent back for a rewrite after Lucas decided he was displeased with the material, the site reported. Production is now slated to begin in 2005, with a release date in 2006.

Ford has signed on to star in The Wrong Element. Spielberg, meanwhile, will helm a movie dealing with the terrorist attack on the 1972 Munich Olympics and the subsequent films The Rivals, about the rivalry between 19th-century stage divas Sarah Bernhardt and Eleonora Duse, and The War of the Worlds, an adaptation of the classic H.G. Wells alien invasion tale, the site reported.

Lucas has been keeping himself occupied with Star Wars: Episode III, which is slated for release in May 2005.