Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Credits
    I have to say that this does put a very bad light on the U.S. I am ashamed of the actions of the few soldiers involved, and I hope that they are punished. This is no better than the actions of the people we are fighting against.

Actually, it is a little "better" (and I use the term loosely). This is just the actions of a few stupid soldiers being idiots. The Iraqi regime did this kind of thing all of the time either under orders or with the approval of the people in charge of the regime.

I also want to put the dig in that if this had been Iraqis torturing Iraqis before the fall of Saddam, most people around the world wouldn't have cared. It was quite plain over the last few years that "the world" didn't care what happened to Iraqis as long as Iraqis were responsible. It is only because someone from outside of Iraq is doing it that people are starting to take notice.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits
    copy/paste from some local forum:

So the parents of one of these accussed soldiers was interviewed over the phone on a news show over the weekend and complained that her son wasn't given enough training and didn't know any better.

Her son's civilian job?

Corrections officer in a prison.

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits
    And why do you have to be "trained" not to be indecent?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkmanSIX
    Discostu... is that....you?

LOL no.. :-) that is daniel Kübleböck
    He was discovered on the show "deutschland sucht den superstar" or "american idols"...
    he is so *zuZZ"!Z)E)("!ZE* ...well as you see i dont like him

Credits

If I repeat my quote which I posterd on another forum (megaklub):
    "Somehow I told you so doesn't quite say it".
    I hope you get my message!

Of course qoute is from one of the newest trailers around! :big grin:
    Live long and prosper
    Terraner

Credits
    My opinion is similar to this, i feel sympathy for them.. but it is war.. they did worse to the yanks... if they would just put down their weapons, vote for a leader of their own which can pass the most simplest of psychiatric tests.. then this would all be over! !!!

For starters, to these American troops who I'm seeing pointing at Iraqi cocks and balls during my nightly news, I ask you, "What the ****?" Are you stupid? What the hell did you take photographs for? You're about as ****ing stupid as the group of teenagers who film themselves breaking into their neighbor's house, and then leave the ****ing tape behind for the cops to find. And Ms Female Soldier? You're ****ing uhh-gleee!

Secondly, let's try to keep things in perspectove here people. "Al-Shweiri said that while jailed by Saddam's regime, he was shocked, beaten and hung from the ceiling with his hands tied behind his back. 'But that's better than the humiliation of being stripped naked,' he said." "They made us stand in a way that I am ashamed to describe. They came to look at us as we stood there. They knew this would humiliate us," he said, adding that he was not sodomized." Oh come on. Does anyone believe this crock of ****? Does that sound ****ing reasonable to you? You'd rather be beaten and physically tortured than be stripped naked and made to blush over your tiny Iraqi balls? C'mon man!

Let's look back at how our prisoners of war were treated. Broken bones from repeated beatings. Rape. Starvation. And in some cases, execution. Ask Lieutenant Colonel Richard Storr about the beatings, burnings, starvation and mock executions endured while he was a prisoner during the first Iraqi war. Constant threats of castration and dismemberment were a daily treat for him. Want to talk about Geneva Conventions? Ask Tom Hamill about having a knife held to his throat on live television. Ask him about his untreated gunshot wound. Ask the Red Cross how PFC Keith Maupin's health is doing? Oh yeah, that's right, they don't know since nobody's seen of heard from him since he was paraded around on Al-Jazeera on April 17th.

Now, did the world community (you read as "Arab states") cry out in anguish and outrage when these things happened? No, they were silent. Did they cry out when photographs were shown of Americans being set on fire, their burned corpses being drug around the streets, or hung from bridges? Well, gee, sort of. One Iraqi cleric said it was okay to kill our troops regardless if they were trying to help or not, but it was disrespectful to set their corpses on fire. Well, okay. Big help that was. But all the other worldly voices? Silent.

But now some photos came out of our troops embarassing -- not mistreating but ****ing embarassing -- some Iraqi prisoners by making them pose naked and every ****er with one leg is hobbling towards a microphone to speak out about American abuse. Let's keep this in perspective. Was it juvenile? Yes. Was it asinine? Yes. Was it disrespectful? Yes. Should the soldiers be reprimanded? Yes. But that's where it ends. These Iraqi prisoners weren't raped, or burned, or beaten, or starved or executed. They were embarassed because they got smacked in the chops by a woman (an ugly one that that). They were embarassed because they were forced into pranks that are more fit for a fraternity initiation than a jailhouse.

You were embarassed. Oh boo ****ing hoo. Cry me a ****ing river, you pussy.
    EHOWA

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits
    This is terrible and I hope the soliders who did this are prosecuted and severely punished.

Apparently there is something innnate in humanity that when left undisciplined will do this kind of stuff. Take, for example, American fraternities...they do this kind of stuff to their inductees all the time. That, obviously, doesn't make it right, it simply goes to show that apparently when you put men in a position when they feel they don't have to be accountable for their actions, they'll do things that they SHOULD feel exceedingly guilty about.

Since this seems to be the case, the US military must re-double its efforts to keep all people under its charge accountable for their actions. Everyone in the world knows humiliating people in this manner is inhumane, but knowing that and keeping people from performing such demeaning acts on their fellow humans are completely different things.

Because these events happened does not mean that Americans should not be in Iraq. It simply means that those in Iraq must be supervised very carefully, otherwise human nature will take over and everyone will be worse off for it.
    "34 million American adults are obese. Putting together that excess blubber would fill the Grand Canyon two-fifths of the way up. That may not sound impressive, but keep in mind it is a very big canyon."

Credits
    I remember studying a case in my psychology class in college ... about an experiment where they divided the volunteers into two groups. The prisoners and the guards. They were given very little supervision. After only a few days, the "guards" were being incredibly cruel to the "prisoners". These were randomly chosen kids, not a bad one in the bunch. But when given the opportunity to be vicious, they were. It was very scary ... and still is. Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Sometimes I hate being a human being. No wonder the rest of the universe avoids contact.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by bebbaboo
    I remember studying a case in my psychology class in college ... about an experiment where they divided the volunteers into two groups. The prisoners and the guards. They were given very little supervision. After only a few days, the "guards" were being incredibly cruel to the "prisoners". These were randomly chosen kids, not a bad one in the bunch. But when given the opportunity to be vicious, they were. It was very scary ... and still is. Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Sometimes I hate being a human being. No wonder the rest of the universe avoids contact.
    I Got that dvd from the Movie
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0250258/
    very Very VERY Shocking!!!!!!!!!

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by discostu
    very Very VERY Shocking!!!!!!!!!
    & very Very VERY GOOD German movie (!).

Credits
    I don't know how they solved the problem in the movie... but the whole situation is out of hand. there is no right way of fixing it.
    I say they should just reverse the situation, the soldiers to the prisoners, now it's prisoner's time to do the same **** to soldiers, and then i guess humanity is all evenly disgusting for now until tomorrow.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ZUBi
    & very Very VERY GOOD German movie (!).

when i first saw it i was like... oh my god it is getting worser and worser with these prisoners and you feel like it is for real...
    if you dont have seen it..GO see it!

Credits
    I didn't know they had made a movie of it... I'm going to try to find it right now. Bizzare...

They should make every soldier that is going to be working in a prison watch it. Maybe it will open their eyes a little.

Credits
    Just remember: the prisoners who were being humiliated were in prison because they were attempting to KILL people. Furthermore, they jeopardized Iraqi civilian lives by hiding in homes and moques and wearing civilian clothing.

This does not justify what the Americans did; the Americans who did this should get court marshalled...but remember these prisoners were there for a reason. Don't think of these "poor guys" as civilians. They're cold-blooded killers that are more of a danger to the average Iraqi on the street than an American soldier is.

Credits
    Every time I hear about this kind of crap going on in the middle east, it just makes me wonder if it wouldn't be easier if we just turned the entire region into a parking lot.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast