Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Credits
    Yeah, but nobody outside of the U.S. will care. Americans humiliating Iraqi prisoners is seen around the world as the worst thing anyone could possibly do and proof that the Americans are scum and that Bush is a bad president. The death of an innocent civillian American at the hands of a terrorist, though, will be seen as justifiable punishment and more proof that Bush is a bad president and that the U.S. should have stayed out of Iraq and let Iraqis kill each other.

I hate double-standards.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    what's the big deal? it's just one man... hundreds of innocent people have already died in this war.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sex maniac
    what's the big deal? it's just one man... hundreds of innocent people have already died in this war.
    uh, thank totally, if the world just go on this way, one dead here one dead there...

it was gonna happen sooner or later... Come on, what did we really expect going there to fight terrorisom for them not to do anything... those people don't know politics they know blood, and blood will pay for blood... and there is not going to be an end to it.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRising
    ... those people don't know politics they know blood, and blood will pay for blood... and there is not going to be an end to it.
    exactly...these people are not in it for money, for oil or for anything else other than the fact that they want to kill for their religion.....

so one question i have...how is this different from the crusades hundreds of years ago when the christians went into their land and were killing these "godless heathens" ??? part of me says that there is no difference between what the crusades did to what they are doing now....a holy war is a holy war.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by red bear
    so one question i have...how is this different from the crusades hundreds of years ago when the christians went into their land and were killing these "godless heathens" ??? part of me says that there is no difference between what the crusades did to what they are doing now....a holy war is a holy war.
    I think you're right. Western nations are being attacked by people full of righteous indignation. If the Crusaders were wrong when they did it 800 years ago, I think it follows that those killing Westerners (i.e., godless heathens) now for similar reasons are just as wrong. Just as the Muslims stood up to protect themselves against overly-zealous Christians back then, Westerners need to stand up against overly-zealous Muslims now.

One last note, I think the problem here isn't that these people are willing to fight for their religion. I think being willing to fight for something you believe strongly in is noble. I believe the problem is having religious zeal and an arrogant sense of piety that leads you to believe that your life (because of your belief) is more important to God than the life (or lives) of the Western civilians you're killing, or your Iraqi neighbors who you're indangering by your actions.
    "34 million American adults are obese. Putting together that excess blubber would fill the Grand Canyon two-fifths of the way up. That may not sound impressive, but keep in mind it is a very big canyon."

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by sex maniac
    You're right. The other civillians got caught in the cross fire, mainly when the terrorists hide behind civillians when they attack. Berg was singled out. There is absolutely no difference between the two situations.

Credits
    Ceasar once said when rebellion in Roman Empire starded "hm... why everybody hate us ?"
    Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads!
    [My Top 20 Movies @ YMDB] [My Bottom 20 Movies @ YMDB]

Credits
    It just amazes me about how taking pictures of nude criminals is seen as the worst thing that could ever occur and the whole world is screaming about it, and yet the beheading of an innocent person is dismissed as "Well, that's what happens in war."

I'm starting to wish we would never have set foot in Iraq.

We should have just nuked Iraq from a distance and been done with it.

Credits
    ohhh pls.... what these GIs did to these Iraqi prisoners is nothing.. its child play and over blown by the media....

its nothing compared to what the arabs do to CIVILIANS in iraq !!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.goregasm.com/ogrish-dot-c...ed-in-iraq.wmv
    very graphic video.....

i'm furiously mad now.... just nuke whole of Iraq and make it the worlds gabage bin.... .. ugh..

http://www.yahoo.com/_ylh=X3oDMTB1M2...0YQ--/s/187186
    Last edited by trailergod; 05-12-2004 at 10:31 AM.
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by corfy
    I'm starting to wish we would never have set foot in Iraq.
    what did you expect?
    those prisoners got literally pissed, did you think the others would just watch and do nothing about it?
    of course i don't support the executions that just happened, but the usa knew what they are dealing with, this wasn't the first revenge they got.
    excuse the insensitive pun, but some heads in washington should finally roll
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits
    Don't take my quote out of context. If you want to use my "I'm starting to wish we would never have set foot in Iraq.", then you need to use the "We should have just nuked Iraq from a distance and been done with it." as well.

We wouldn't have to set foot into Iraq if we nuke them from a long way off. Mass destruction happens in war, you know.

Credits
    We wouldn't have to set foot into Iraq if we nuke them from a long way off. Mass destruction happens in war, you know.
    some countries have weapons of mass destruction, others don't

I hate double-standards.
    me too

Credits
    It just amazes me about how taking pictures of nude criminals is seen as the worst thing that could ever occur and the whole world is screaming about it, and yet the beheading of an innocent person is dismissed as "Well, that's what happens in war."
    I think it's because you don't expect such a modern country (USA) - which stands for democracy and justice - to break international law and use barbaric methods on prisoners.
    We should have just nuked Iraq from a distance and been done with it.
    I dissapprove. FIRST we should have sent some special forces to rob their beautiful women and little children for our perverse sex orgies.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by streetpreacher
    some countries have weapons of mass destruction, others don't
    The U.N. gave Saddam 12 years to prove otherwise. Notice, I said "The U.N." as in "the United Nations." Not "the United States." The U.N. was perfectly willing to sit back and let Saddam torture and kill his own people while he flaunted U.N. directives time and time again. In short, the judge issued the search warrant time and time again and when the police showed up at his house to search, the owner of the house told the police they couldn't come in, and so they turned around and left. We finally took action, and look like the villians doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by streetpreacher
    me too
    Don't look at me. I didn't start the double standard. I'm bowing down to the same double standard the rest of the world follows. Because obviously doing what is right isn't important. And by golly, if we are going to be viewed as the bad guys in this, then we should actually do something to deserve the image.

Credits
    "The U.N. gave Saddam 12 years to prove otherwise."

I wonder what would be world like if we would gave all suspects ultimatum "prove you're innocent othervise you're guilty and you'll rotten in prison for may years or even be killed"

Hello ?!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast