Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

[- NEWS -] Computer Made from DNA and Enzymes

Israeli scientists have devised a computer that can perform 330 trillion operations per second, more than 100,000 times the speed of the fastest PC. The secret: It runs on DNA.
    A year ago, researchers from the Weizmann Institute of Science in Rehovot, Israel, unveiled a programmable molecular computing machine composed of enzymes and DNA molecules instead of silicon microchips. Now the team has gone one step further. In the new device, the single DNA molecule that provides the computer with the input data also provides all the necessary fuel.

The design is considered a giant step in DNA computing. The Guinness World Records last week recognized the computer as "the smallest biological computing device" ever constructed. DNA computing is in its infancy, and its implications are only beginning to be explored. But it could transform the future of computers, especially in pharmaceutical and biomedical applications.

National Geographic News
    Alot more information at the source. Kinda cool. If you PC runs out of juice, just pour some or your own blood into it
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Bloody hell! (Sorry, that joke was feeble!) I can see science classes of the future:

Teacher: What's a living thing?
    Pupil: A computer?
    Teacher: Yes!

Credits
    but what are the frame rates like in Unreal Tournament?!

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwalker
    but what are the frame rates like in Unreal Tournament?!
    lol UT any ways DNA wtf hmm ok

Credits
    what if the individual's DNA is rather all over the place ... like those who are disabled since birth ... reminds me of gattaca for some reason ...