Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Guns N' Roses + Stone Temple = Velvet Revolver

who said rock is dead?

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...sure_velvet_dc

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The bad boys of rock are back -- sober, older and wiser, but still hoping to turn the music world on its head.

Guns N' Roses ruled the 80s with a mixture of punk and glam rock, while Stone Temple Pilots were one of the top grunge bands of the 90s. Both crumbled under an avalanche of alcohol and drug abuse, but now individual members have recovered and merged to bring back rebellious rock anthems as Velvet Revolver.

The supergroup emerged when Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash, bassist Duff McKagan (news) and drummer Matt Sorum co-opted Stone Temple Pilots singer Scott Weiland (news) and Wasted Youth guitarist Dave Kushner.

"Guns N' Roses just got so big and we were so young and didn't know any of the pitfalls, both on the physical level and on an ego level," McKagan said in an interview. "Scott has seen it too with Stone Temple Pilots, so I think we all come better armed for this thing."

The group already has a radio hit with "Slither," the first single off their album "Contraband" set for release by RCA on June 8. And they are wrapping up a U.S. theater tour feeling invigorated and ready to make a dent in today's heavy metal scene.

"This is the most punk-rock major label record I've been involved with," McKagan said. Since he left Guns N' Roses, "music has come full circle, people are really hungry for pure, unadulterated rock n' roll," he added.

"We're coming out very energized, youthful and powerful," Sorum said. "Come and see the band live, there isn't going to be anybody that can touch us, I guarantee it."
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    I've heard a few tracks and it sounds pretty good.

Credits
    Yeah, this excites me to know end. I used to think I didn't like Scott Weiland, but it turns out I do. Or maybe I just like anyone when they are paired with Slash. Who new?

Credits
    oooh yeah! looove Guns and roses back in the 80`