Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

It’s A Bird, It’s A Plane, Its GYLLENHAAL?

http://www.latinoreview.com/scoops/nextsuperman.html

I’ve given up on any Superman news for a while, well let’s just say ever since Brett Ratner left the project. I honestly believe he would’ve brought back the Superman franchise. But of course he left. Then there were confirmations via Variety that Josh Hartnett was the top guy to don the “S” and then he said “NO.” Then the project just DROPPED, at least for me. Ever since I heard that McG was directing, I just have no kind of interest in Superman anymore.

But lately the Superman buzz has becoming back slowly, first they were saying that McG was showing designs to the suits over at WB studios, then Beyoncé Knowles was mentioned to play Lois Lane & Johnny Depp was mentioned to play Lex Luthor now its Jor-El. Topher Grace is up for cub reporter Jimmy Olsen. Then more Lois Lane contenders included the names Natalie Portman, Selma Blair, Rose Bryne and now Jessica Biel.

And finally one confirmation! That FX master, Stan Winston was on board to create the new Superman costume. Of course the question still was/is, who was going to play Superman? The top suggested contenders were at the time, Jude Law, Ashton Kutcher, Brendan Fraser and the current Favorite Henry Cavill. Then just a couple of days ago Tom Welling was also mentioned to play the part, but that got shot down by Al Gough. Honestly I just think that whoever eventually gets picked to don the “S” has to be a good actor, so good he has to make you forget about CHRISTOPHER REEVE, because he IS SUPERMAN.

SO has WB found there next Superman? Well STAR Magazine says YES, and its Jake Gyllenhaal . STAR can exclusively report that Gyllenhaal beat out all the other contenders to play the Man of Steel. But then again it’s STAR Magazine folks, which means it can be bullshit!….but then again Jake was reported to have had lost the role of Batman in BATMAN BEGINS and maybe WB wants to make it up to him. Both Jake and Henry are tall, both are at 6’1 in height. But I still like Henry Cavill’s chances. We’ll just have to wait and see. But whoever is the next Superman...Man they've some big shoes to fill.

Superman is due out 2006.

ohhhh.... McG is directing this?
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    i'm glad it's not gonna be Ashton... I'm good with Jake. I'll still go see it. Now that I think about it, it shouldn't be too bad. Superman rocks! :big grin:
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    I don't think Jake Gyllenhaal would be a bad choice at all. The problem with this role is that fact someone else I think will forever be associated with it. To me, Christopher Reeve will always be Superman. It's the same with Batman. I'll always think of Keaton (I'm not forgetting about West) but Bale looks to be promising in that role.

I don't like the fact McG is directing this. I guess with him at the helm and the casting they are going for a younger, hipper Superman. Don't we already have that with Smallville? I have a feeling this may turn into Superman: The Music Video. It's too bad that the Tim Burton Superman never got off the ground. I wanted to see it just to see Keaton play Bruce Wayne in a cameo as was rumoured.