Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

AOL Fahrenheit 9/11 Conspiracy???

I found this over at CHUD and want to know if anybody has heard about it???

This is a little bit "paranoid conspiracy theory," but given the film, I think it's only appropriate.

The Evidence:

- Mr. Moviefone gave F9/11 a decidedly luekwarm review, and reviews it only after he reviews all the other movies coming out last weekend

- Moviefone "forgets" to list New York theaters showing the film during the first two days of release.

- Moviefone labels the film NC-17 on its website and online. The service Moviefone gets their ratings from has it listed correctly as R and has never had it as an NC-17 film. Moviefone does't fix the problem until late Friday night.

- AOL's entry page's lead story during the first day of release: A poll that asks users to choose whether Michael Moore is a [paraphrasing, as I don't remember the wording] Self Promoting Fraud or Truth-Telling Patriot with the former winning by a healthy margin.

I suppose it could all be coincidence, but I'd imagine a big company like AOL has lots of reasons to keep the GOP in power.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by joebagodonughts
    ...I suppose it could all be coincidence, but I'd imagine a big company like AOL has lots of reasons to keep the GOP in power.
    FYI: According to the Boston Globe "Kerry's third-biggest donor is media conglomerate Time-Warner" source
    It's a common misperception that Republicans receive all the big company donors. New campaign finance laws limit how much a company can give, but big companys/organizations still democrats a lot of big dollars. See here I find it interesting that groups like Stanford, Harvard, and U of Cal are large donors to Kerry. What's up with that?! I thought schools were supposed to at least attempt to be unbiased. :big grin: Bush's list doesn't include a single school.
    "34 million American adults are obese. Putting together that excess blubber would fill the Grand Canyon two-fifths of the way up. That may not sound impressive, but keep in mind it is a very big canyon."