Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Yahoo trailers

Credits

Yahoo trailers

I'm sure this has been discussed before but I can't find the details anywhere.

On both movies.yahoo.com and launch.yahoo.com, the highest bitrate I can select is always 300Kbps. I know both sites offer higher bitrates for their videos, but you need a Yahoo SBC account to select them. My friend who does Tech Support for Yahoo verified this. Launch offers up to 768Kbps, and I think the trailers get up to 1500Kbps. Does anyone know of a way to get the direct links to these higher bitrate files without an SBC account? I know of a lot of pages that post direct links to them, but I've never seen one that has links for all the videos I want.

Credits
    if u don't have an sbc account, i don't think u can or are authorised to download them.

Credits
    What SBC accounts?

Never heard of anything like this!!

Credits
    I have downloaded the higher bitrates music videos from links i got from a friend and other websites, so I don't think you need the SBC account for that.
    Here is a link to a high bitrate trailer on yahoo (found the link on another page, dont know what trailer it is): http://mp3content01.bcst.yahoo.com/p...12/6025156.mov

All the good videos have links like that one, and the low quality ones look like this (this one is something from I Robot):
    mms://wmcontent12.bcst.yahoo.com/proot2/PubShare07/yahoomovies/11/6326717.wmv

There may be better WMV videos on the wmcontent server, but I cant tell. All the high quality links i've found are on the mp3content server.

Credits
    the high bitrate ones are usually movie trailers or clips encoded in quicktime, and u can find most direct download quicktime links right here, dude.

Credits
    Ok, but what about the ones that aren't listed here? I don't see any mention of QuickTime trailers on Yahoo Movies at all. So where do those links come from? How would I know if there is or isn't a high birate video for movie X when I can only see the ones other people/websites point me to?