Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Singer to direct new "Superman" - X-men 3 in question

Singer Signs For Superman

X-Men director Bryan Singer signed a deal to develop and direct the long-gestating Superman movie for Warner Brothers, the third helmer to take on the off-again, on-again project, Variety reported. Singer will work with X2 writers Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris to draft a new script for the movie, which is slated to begin production late this year in Australia, the trade paper reported. The studio has apparently scrapped a Superman script by J.J. Abrams (TV's Alias).

A tug of war over Singer's next project had been going on for weeks, with Fox's third X-Men installment competing with Warner's remake of Logan's Run to land the helmer, the trade paper reported. It now looks likely that Singer will not do the third X-Men, even though he has an overall deal with Fox.

McG quit Superman last week in a reported dispute over location and budget, and producers Neal Moritz and Gilbert Adler have apparently disappeared from the scene as well, the trade paper reported. The fate of producer Jon Peters also is up in the air. Earlier, Brett Ratner had been attached to direct, but dropped out.

Rumors late last week had Singer signing a deal that would still allow him to direct Logan's Run, but Francis Lawrence (Warner's upcoming Constantine comic adaptation) has also been rumored to be in line for Logan's Run.

Source: Scifiwire
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    think he should have remained faithfull to X-Men
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    o damn, what happens to X3 now? well anyway i have good faith in Singer, hes one talented director and knows his subject matter :-)
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits

Thumbs up

This is AWESOME NEWS!!!!!!!! I count my blessings that McG and PETERS are freakin bye bye for good!!! And that god awful Abraham script too (flying CIA agent Lex Luthor, Krypton never blowing up, Gay Jimmy Olsen, Black Lois Lane, and bondage suedo matrix'esque superman outfits, etc)...BARF!!!

This is THE best news ever for a solid superman flick!!! And X-MEN fans don't worry...I'm certain he'll still end up doing X3...afterall, he's always said that he wanted to do another movie before making X3...so this still "kinda" falls into his game plans...

Credits
    Found something funny. A letter to Superman form Wolverine

Dear Superman,

I thought we were friends. Or at least professional colleagues with a healthy respect of each other's powers--and boundaries.

Imagine my shock then when I cracked opened the Hollywood trades Monday morning here at Xavier Mansion, and read that my director--my director--had become your director.

"Supe's on with 'X' Man," Variety said. "Singer Gives Superman 'X'-Ray Vision," the Hollywood Reporter countered.

So, you've stolen Bryan Singer. You know at least when Mystique tries to stab me in the back she jumps up in the air first and does a couple of fancy somersaults so I have time to prepare my claws.

But you--you conniving Kryptonian--you pretend you're all about truth, justice and the American way, when all you're really about is getting back on the big screen anyway, anyhow.

The papers say Singer inked the deal with Warner Bros. on Friday. Variety says he'll probably bring screenwriters Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris along, too.

(Oh, did I say "screenwriters"? I meant "my screenwriters." Mike and Dan helped write X2--maybe you caught that flick while you were busy not getting your stupid movie made.)

With Singer committing to you, the Reporter says his planned Logan's Run remake is now in "a gray zone"--big deal. And Variety says he probably won't have time for X-Men 3--very, very big deal, dude.

Fox has penciled in May 5, 2006, as the release date for X-Men 3. I know you're unfamiliar with the concept, but a release date is WHEN A MOVIE'S SUPPOSED TO COME OUT!

How is my movie supposed to come out without a director? Oh, sure, Fox'll find somebody else. But somebody else won't be Bryan Singer. The man who plotted out and directed our first two movies (combined domestic gross: $372.2 million). The man who recognized a hero with furry sideburns could too be a leading man. The man who knows who Keyser Soze is.

In a way, I don't know why I'm getting all worked up.

So, Bryan's hooking up with you. So, he claims his "interest in [you] dates back many, many years." So, he professes to love the original Richard Donner Superman movie. So, he says, "it is time for [you] to fly again."

So, what?

Superman, you are like the messed-up hot chick who can't keep a guy.

Sure, Bryan's enamored with you--now. At one time, so was McG. So was Brett Ratner. So was Tim Burton. Even Michael Bay was rumored to have given you a look.

Got quite a collection of ex-suitors there, don't you? (Say, do you keep their pictures on a wall in the Fortress of Solitude--maybe next to your Lois Lane shrine?--you nutball stalker.)

Oh, I know, poor Kal-Hell, it's not your fault. It's Warners'. It was the studio that pulled the plug on Burton. It was the studio that wouldn't okay Ratner's choice to play you (then soap star Matthew Bomer). And it was the studio that insisted on shooting in Australia when McG wanted to shoot in New York.

Boo-hoo. Somebody get me a Kleenex.

But what I'll really be bawling about is how people fall for your woe-is-me, I'm-a-cursed-superhero act.

I don't care if BatBale gets more press. I don't care if Halle Berry (news)'s Catwoman getup gets more downloads. I don't care if you don't have a locked-in producer, a locked-in star or a locked-in screenplay. We should all be cursed with a $200 million budget and a road-tested comic-book director.

I hear Warners is still going to try to get your tired buns of steel off the ground for a shoot late this year. Might want to renew your Crunch membership, friend. By my tally, you haven't been out of the Barcalounger in 17 years.

Gee, I realize now this letter may be sounding a tad bitter. Forgive me. I was going for really, really bitter.

Give my regards to Bryan. If you ever actually meet him.

[Expletive deleted] you,

Wolverine

P.S.: Superman III sucked.

P.P.S.: Superman IV sucked worse.

Credits
    that's funny. You know, this may not be a bad thing though... if X3 were directed by someone else... say, Alfonso Cuaron, it could rock.

CUARON FOR X3!!!!!
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by blugh
    that's funny. You know, this may not be a bad thing though... if X3 were directed by someone else... say, Alfonso Cuaron, it could rock.

CUARON FOR X3!!!!!
    Three cheers for that idea!!! :big grin:

(Although I'd also be curious to see what David Fincher would do with it.)