Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Hayden as Anakin in ROTJ...VIDEO....

don't know if anyone has seen this....got it from a friend...

http://owenward.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk...HOSTCHANGE.mov

i didn't think lucas could screw up more after he did the special editions...but i guess i was wrong...

Credits
    this is fake and its fan made
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    man this is well done if it's a fake!

Credits
    Hmmm.. i'm beginning to think that it is going to be in the DVD

from theforce.net (posted by a none star wars fan )

We've been hearing rumours for about a year now that George Lucas was making further changes to the Star Wars trilogy when it hits DVD on September 21st. It's been confirmed that what you'll be seeing this fall are not the versions we all grew up with, but rather the 1997 Special Editions, with retarded "improvements" like poorly-rendered Hutts and Rodians who miss their targets from two feet away. Lucas claims that the original versions of his classic films will never see another release, prompting folks like myself to shell out big bucks on ebay for (surprisingly impressive) bootlegs.

Well, it seems that Luke's cheesy scream in The Empire Strikes Back wasn't the end of the Lucas Madness. Thanks to a leaked bootleg of the "new" Return of the Jedi, fans across cyberspace are seeing proof that the films have been tampered with still further.

The highlights include Sebastian Shaw's head being swapped with Hayden Christensen's and a new victory celebration, the latter including the Prequel planet of Naboo, complete with dancing Gungans (one of whom cries out "Wesa free!"). It's enough to make one turn to Star Trek for solace.

Reports indicate that 1977's A New Hope has the most changes, though they've yet to leak. Supposedly Jabba the Hutt has been replaced with yet another CG model; and the stormtroopers now all sport Temuera Morrison's voice in an attempt to bring some desperate sense of continuity to the Prequels.

The Empire Strikes Back has been tampered with the least, though its changes are pretty radical. In addition to supplying the voices of the troops, Morrison has also re-recorded all of Boba Fett's dialogue (hear a sample here), and Ian McDiarmid has replaced Clive Reville/Ol' Monkey Eyes as The Emperor. This latter change is so significant because new dialogue has been written and recorded, altering the entire context of the scene (listen here).

This is merely the first wave of news. Expect a detailed review this September, along with an analysis of the original changes made to the Special Editions.

Credits
    I am deeply torn. Some of the changes in the 1997 versions were fine...the expansion of Mos Eisley, the Death Star explosions, the Biggs scenes...some of the changes I'm neutral on and really don't care one way or the other...the Sarlaac's mouth, the celebration ending, the Wampas...and some I think were foolish...Greedo's ill-fated shot, Jabba's presence in ANH.

So I'm not sure what to think with these new reports. Could Lucas fix mistakes he made in the 90s? Sure. Can he make more mistakes...the clip with the dialogue between Palpatine and Vader leads me to think so.

I'm glad I have my letterboxed versions of the original trilogy. I'll probably keep my SE VHS copies as well. But I certainly will wait until fall of 2005 to buy any DVD. I'm sure once ROTS comes out on DVD Lucas will release the complete SW Trilogy Ulitimate DVD boxset and that will be the best time to buy my last SW videos ever.
    "34 million American adults are obese. Putting together that excess blubber would fill the Grand Canyon two-fifths of the way up. That may not sound impressive, but keep in mind it is a very big canyon."

Credits
    ok, i'm in the process of getting the retail dvd "rip" of Star Wars EP6, yes the dvds are already out on the net... :-)

once i am done i tell you if its for real :-)

Credits
    Well, I really don't mind, unless Lucas changes James Earl Jones' Darth Vader voice to Hayden Christensen's. After that...I would weep a river.

Credits
    Personally, a couple of the changes I think are overdue. The biggest one I thought they should have changed during the SE release in 1997 is the Emperor's voice in ESB. I didn't care if they changed the look, but I thought they needed to re-record the dialogue so the voice was the same as in ROTJ (and in the prequels). Haven't had a chance to listen to the audio file yet, so not sure if I agree completely with that change, but I think it is a step in the right direction.

I had no problem with seeing Jabba in ANH, in fact, I was glad to see that scene put back into the movie (I remember watching a Star Wars special on TV several years ago with the entire Jabba/Han scene as shot... somehow, Jabba the Hutt as an overweight man in furs with a heavy Irish accent just didn't quite cut it), but I hope the new CG (if there is one) looks more like Jabba. (And while we are at making digital changes, maybe they can change Yoda in TPM to look more like Yoda... just a thought).

Don't mind a new victory celebration, although I hope they change the music back to the original version, or something like it. Didn't care for the new flute version in SE.

I also think they should have worked on some of the computer readouts in ANH to more closely match the computer readouts seen in Jedi, but that is just me.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    OMG OMG OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!! its real !!!!!!

just got the dvd retail rip of star wars EP 6 and yes.... they did edit that part !!!!! and many other small things, mostly special effects, like Nabu has been inserted in some shots.... i just went through the movie, still have to cehck everything, but Heyden is indeed there....

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Stoney
    Well, I really don't mind, unless Lucas changes James Earl Jones' Darth Vader voice to Hayden Christensen's. After that...I would weep a river.
    I doubt they'll be removing James Earl Jones' voice and replacing it with Christensen's because if you look up ROTS on imdb, Jones' name is on the cast list, so i'm assuming that George Lucas wants his voice to stay.
    "In case I don't see you--good afternoon, good evening and good night." -The Truman Show

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by trailergod
    OMG OMG OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!! its real !!!!!!

just got the dvd retail rip of star wars EP 6 and yes.... they did edit that part !!!!! and many other small things, mostly special effects, like Nabu has been inserted in some shots.... i just went through the movie, still have to cehck everything, but Heyden is indeed there....
    ah haaa! i knew it!! Check something else to ok. did they change when Luke takes Vaders mask off?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master
    ah haaa! i knew it!! Check something else to ok. did they change when Luke takes Vaders mask off?
    I would hope that is one change they don't make. If they do change it, it would ruin the lesson that Luke learned in the cave.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master

no, that part they did not , maybe because its the old Vader,

Credits
    Oh.. heehe... sorry, I was thinking of the scene in ESB, forgot about that part in ROTJ.

Credits

Is this video real? Or a fake?

Is this video real? Or a fake?
    I think that at the time Anakin dies he’s much older!
    This reedit sucks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast