Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

I cant find the title to rip.

I'm trying to rip the Raging Bull trailer, but the title wont show up. It's like hidden or something. Does anyone know how to work around this?

"Black Mamba, I shoulda been motherfu*kin Black Mamba!" - Vernita Green

Credits
    I'm sure others have better methods than I do, but I first look at the trailer in my dvd player ... firstly to make sure there actually is a trailer on the dvd, and then look to see if a chapter number shows up. If there is no chapter number, I've found that you can usually find the trailer in VIDEO_TS.VOB. If there is a number, it gives you a hint of where it is, but not always. Also, the size will give it away. Just rip the ones that are about the right size (usually anywhere from 60,000 - 120,000 KB).
    If all else fails, just rip all the .vobs (by cell) and look at them (starting with the ones in the right size range.) You'll eventually find it. Happy hunting!
    Last edited by bebbaboo; 08-13-2004 at 08:15 AM.
    Deep In The Heart Of Texas!
    My Movie Collection

Credits
    Early DVDs made before 1998 usually have the trailers reside in the "VIDEO_TS.VOB" or "VTS_01_0.VOB" file. If so ripping program (Smartripper, DVD Decrypter) won't be able to rip the file in DVD mode. You can rip the file in Backup mode though.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    Hmmm .. I've never had any trouble ripping older dvd's trailers. I use DVD Decrypter and have it set to split by cell id. It will rip everything on the dvd, so you can find the trailer. As you said, it is often in VIDEO_TS.VOB, but if you rip by cell-id, the trailer is split out.

Credits
    I found it, but the video and sound comes up scrambled. Any advise?

Credits
    Try using DVDShrink to rip the trailer. It uses a much friendlier interface, allowing you to preview the video in each title, and taking care of removing encryption and macrovision for you.
    This also happens to be a very handy and easy to use program for compressing DVD's to fit on single-layer discs (and then automatically burning as well, if you wish). Now why would we want to do that?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Strube
    This also happens to be a very handy and easy to use program for compressing DVD's to fit on single-layer discs (and then automatically burning as well, if you wish). Now why would we want to do that?
    You won't believe how popular this little software is among my workmates who care less about quality than not paying for the latest movies. (Now you know how fish-out-of-water I am at work.)

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by editman
    You won't believe how popular this little software is among my workmates who care less about quality than not paying for the latest movies. (Now you know how fish-out-of-water I am at work.)
    If you dump the menus, and use the newest version... and KNOW how to use it... quality is very comporable... and you know I'm the last person to ignore quality issues.

Credits
    Mark, this is the coolest software. Thank you!!! Sure makes it a lot easier to find and rip, once I figured out how to do it!

Thanks for sharing.

Credits
    Glad you like it!! When I first started using it, it was quite a revelation for me as well!!