Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Video-List.com ???

I still have http://video-list.com and I really have no idea what to do with it.
    I'd like to start another site, but don't know exactly what.

It was supposed to be a music videos site, and still might be, but I need to figure out how exactly. Do I link to music videos on the net? Do I encode videos myself? if so, in what format, and where do I get them?

If anybody has any ideas... please shoot them by me.

Credits
    I have a few music video's on DVD, both serious (on the Romeo Must Die DVD) and comedy (Red Dwarf), and I think a similar site to Movielist but for music video's is a great idea. However I woudn't reccomedn doing them in quicktime because of file sizes. DivX could be good, or maybe even Flash files tend to have MUCH smaller file sizes.

Credits
    mostly music videos r in VCD or SVCD quality only. Quality doesn't really matter but atleast the sound will be good. I have about 25 CDs worth full of music videos. I just search via google online for the MV.
    Like Carl says, DVD r a good source but there aren't many. TO get an idea on quality, download a few videos from here http://zpgvidz.cjb.net

Mostly go on Kazaa to get my music video glory but sites make quality!
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    It'd be the perfect address for some sort of video search engine... but there's already a buncha those, and I dunno how you'd do that. I'll think about it for awhile, maybe I'll have a good idea.

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Smile

khhh khhh, ZUBi got around 130 CD's with videos (mostly rock & metal stuff)...

will post list very soon (check my SIGnature in couple of days)...

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits
    moving to open forum.

Credits
    Do you know how much bandwidth a site like this could consume?

I don't know how much trailers draw from your pipe, but then how many people care for trailers as much as there're that care from Music Videos.

The MPAA is another issue.

Maybe Games' trailers? Their trailers have recently been closer to movies than anytime.
    It is not enough 'I succeed'. Everyone else must fail.

Credits
    i go to that yahoo launch music video every now and then. they get pretty cool videos. but what bugs me is that they don't keep them on their site.

you should get all kinds of videos and keep them on ur site. same as ur trailers.....

maybe you can get videos from other sites and from people who offer to send to you, like some here.... and you can link some of them. i think it's a great idea to have a music video site. i would definitely be checking the site out a lot!

ps. i believe you can download music videos from www.mtv.com and www.vh1.com .... i think (not sure but you can check it out)
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    I have searched very long and very wide for a music video site in QT... almost every site on the net uses Windows POS Media Streaming that never buffers in time. Use quicktime, encode at about 480 resolution, and I will be a happy man.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    How about this, and I know you guys are gonna think I'm a genius (huh, who wouldn't (BTW, don't answer that))

- www.movie-list.com-!- a site about movie trailers!

Isn't that GENIUS!

Screw other sites,
    keep this one JP and E>>>>>XPAN<<<<<<D

start selling DVDs, add more stuff, make yourself a fortune, rent me your basement, destroy Starbucks, MUAHHAHAHAHA

Credits
    I collect Live proformance videos like from The Tonight show, Jay Leno, Koncerts and stuff like that..... have about 200 ATM would like it to be more but stuff like that is hard to come by....

Also have alot of music videos.... but the rare stuff is alot more fun....

so a site that would make it easyer to find stuff like this would be real welcome in my book

Like right now im strugeling like a maniac to find the last songs from Evanesance [Live @ Rock Am Ring] and its no where to be found hehe...

Fed7haS
    She's just too pretty for Hollywood. I don't know, put her in a glass box and display her at the Metropolitan Museum of Art or something. - Jake on the topic of Scarlett Johansson.

Credits
    Try looking at other music video sites, like Sputnik7.com, and maybe you can get an idea of how you wanna do it. Or maybe you could make the site about direct to video movies and made for tv movies. There are some good ones like "Pirates of Silicon Valley".

Credits

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Pierre Bazinet
    I still have http://video-list.com and I really have no idea what to do with it.
    I'd like to start another site, but don't know exactly what.

It was supposed to be a music videos site, and still might be, but I need to figure out how exactly. Do I link to music videos on the net? Do I encode videos myself? if so, in what format, and where do I get them?

If anybody has any ideas... please shoot them by me.
    ok i think the bast way to is to do it like http://launch.yahoo.com/ they r the bast i think for Music Video but don't copy them 100% that wood be bad lol

Credits
    If you set up a FTP server from your computer, you could link the files that way and as long as your computer could handle it... wouldn't you never have to worry about bandwidth?

How much space and bandwidth do the files you host usually use?

Credits
    Hicks... believe me... NOT an option. Think in the HUNDREDS of gigabytes per month. Or is it more... JP?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast