Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Millenium Actress

DreamWorks is going to be releasing this anime around the world next year, and these are the first trailers I have seen so far

One and Two

Can't say much about it, but ALL (yes ALL) reviews are in the direction masterpiece, da bomb, mind-blowing.

Found a short premise
    It's basically about a pair of reporters making a documentary on the life of an ex-actress turned reclouse. As they begin their interview with her they (as well as the audience) are sucked into flashback after flashback of various moments of both her life and her career. When I say sucked in though, I mean SUCKED IN. The reporters re-live the events with her as they are being told. For me this worked in spades, I felt more apart of this film than any film I've seen in a LONG time. Now once in these series of flashbacks, you learn of the lost love that drives her and her seemingly endless chase after him.

The picture must have something special if DreamWorks has picked this up for a worldwide release.

Here's hoping.

Credits
    Millenium Actress directed by Satoshi Kon will be showing in Sydney, Australia @ the movies on the 16th October.

I guess i'm going to that!
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Cool, you're a lucky guy I guess. Is this a regular release all over Australia or just in the course of a film festival?

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits
    http://www.1000nen.net

cool pic

still DL-ing trailers tho...

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits
    I have no clue whet they said in the trailer but it dident impress me
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    Originally posted by Mischa
    Cool, you're a lucky guy I guess. Is this a regular release all over Australia or just in the course of a film festival?
    Yes... theres a anime festival going to be here on that date. Will post more information in a few hours.

Credits
    Saw it today in cinema (It's shown as part of JapAnime'02 festival as Kn'thrak stated) and I looooove it!

Note: the more you know about the history of Japan (pre and post WWII) and Japanese cinema the more you'll appreciate the way this film pays homage to the Japanese cinema (1940-60s). (But at least anyone can spot the moon rocket scene as a homage to "2001".)

The theme about "obsession of love" is in the same league of Hitchcock's "Vertigo" but not so destructive. Anyone who has been spending his/her life searching for that one person whom s/he truly loves (like, yours truly) would find it particularly touching.

Unlike "Perfect Blue", no nudity or rape scenes. So if that's what you're looking for you'll be disappointed. Still, if "Spirited Away" is great for kids, "Millenium Actress" is great for more mature audiences who truly love the cinema. There're a few laughs at the screening, (though I thought the audiences were laughing at the wrong things).

Boy am I glad about Japanime festival. I saw "Spirited Away" and this film and these are the only films I intended to see from the beginning. These are the best films of the festival and deserves to be seen on the big screen. Everything else you can pretty much watch em on video.

BTW: in the teaser what Chiyoko said near the end was something like "I have to see that man once again".

BTW2: someone should move this thread to Trailer News.
    Last edited by editman; 11-02-2002 at 08:39 AM.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    glad someone here got to see it and enjoy it. I gave my short review here.
    http://www.movie-list.com/forum/show...&threadid=2023

Absolutely fantastic. Hope it receives an all cinema release next year. I will be going to see it.

Originally posted by editman
    BTW2: someone should move this thread to Trailer News.
    Its mostly movie news here. Keeping this thread here. If u like.. post this up in the trailer section for those ppl that are new here.
    Last edited by Kn'thrak; 11-02-2002 at 07:32 AM.