First of all I would just like to say “g-day” to everyone as this is my first post on this site.

There is a question I want to ask all the movie buffs out there as I saw this film about 10 or more years ago and I’ll be buggered if I can remember the name of it or even who starred in it. All I can remember is small parts of the plot. So here goes…

Bear in mind I saws this film in the early to mid 1990’s.
There’s a security company that just developed the new state of the art internet security program “not sure what it was actually going to be used for” and a branch of the “assuming USA” government was pressuring them to just hand it over to them or they would “you know” get hurt.

The main actor was the head hacker/programmer and he refused. So later on in the film, he and his colleagues went off to play paintball in a forest and were intercepted by the “secret government branch”. The only problem was that all they had were paintball guns and the rivals had real weapons. After a few people got killed the main actor/hero ran into a few hunters who were also ambushed earlier in the film. So they worked together to try to get out of this impossible scenario, even though the rivals had the latest technology and also used satellites to locate where they were on the planet via handhelds.

After a few losses on both teams, the hero then scaled a huge cliff to get away from the enemy and was shot at via sniper rifle. He pretended to be dead and they used the satellite to confirm that he was dead. The hero then met up with the hunters again, who magically had a hidden underground bunker full of computers. So instead of giving the security program to the “secret government”, they sent the data into cyberspace so that everyone would have it. The finale was a big fire fight at the bunker where they were becoming overrun and fired off a missile from a launcher where the only line in the film I can partially remember was “Shit, I forgot about Blowback” where the hunter and the hero ran the other way out a hole in the rear end of the bunker to escape the explosion.

If anyone has any recognition of this movie or even knows of an actor that played in it, I would be very grateful as I have been searching for it for about 5 years now.
Thank you for your time, and I hope this is an interesting read.