Well I didn't want people focusing on subtitles and it is much harder to manipulate audio when the language is structured differently. Japanese language is like speaking english from grammer backwards. So I would really have to be careful when I take out certain words because in that language it may not make any sense at all.

Also, I can respect your point because I never liked english dubs either. The original audio is always going to be better. Unfotunately when I first saw AKIRA I saw it in the 1988 english dub. It took a few years to realize that Japanese language versions are way better and more consitant with the original story.

So I hope you understand my reasons for using the english dub. It was more for the benefit of the viewer and it is 20 times easier to edit english audio VS japanese audio.

Also Akira is a very complex movie and the Dialogue in the movie is not straight to the point. Sentences roll and words mesh up making it harder to cut a break in the words. The reason for so much VO is to make sure the viewer knows whats going. Besides it would be A TEASER if the VO is Way less. Watch My escaflowne TEASER if you want a VO less edit. I guess if I had a voice guy I could get the movie to point quicker.

Also thank you very much for your comments.

EDIT
SORRY music is
Dirty Reply
Double Barrel Chicka
Evil King
Moving Mountains

Drum Noise from Akira Soundtrack