From comingsoon.net:

The Edmonton Sun is reporting location scouts are in-town this week seeking settings for Toronto-based 49th Parallel Films' Ginger Snaps 2 and Ginger Snaps 3, a sequel and prequel to last year's smart and scary teen werewolf flick, one of the top-grossing Canadian films of 2001.

The films will shoot back-to-back in Edmonton from January through May, with Ginger Snaps 2 being a direct sequel of the first film (Emily Perkins and Katharine Isabelle will return to reprise their roles as cursed sisters Brigitte and Ginger), and Ginger Snaps 3 a prequel Ginger Snaps set in the 18th century and delving into the werewolves' histories.

"These are going to be bigger, faster, scarier movies than the first one. There's going to be more werewolves and lots of action and keeping that wry sense of humour," said executive producer Noah Segal, adding Brett Sullivan will direct #2 while Grant Harvey takes the reins of #3.

The second film will likely be released by Seville Pictures before the end of next year.
My fellow canadians (or whoever has seen it)... Ginger Snaps was one of the top grossing canadian films of 2001? Aha! Haven't heard much about this flick. Is it any good? Scary? Gory? My local videostore has a copy, and during my 14 day Xmas break I wanna catch up with all the (good) movies I have missed lately. So is it worth a rent?