Thanks Thanks:  0
    j7wild Guest

Thumbs down Those Scientology people are just too weird for me

The newest face of Scientology, Katie Holmes, plans to give birth in silence. Science fiction writer and greedy cult leader L. Ron Hubbard was crazier than a nutshouse rat, but his obsequious followers abide by his rule that not only are women not allowed to use any sort of painkillers during childbirth, they are also not allowed to scream.

The bizarre ritual - which Scientologists believe should be carried out to prevent children from turning mad - is nothing new to Cruise who insisted the biological mothers of the adopted children he had with Nicole Kidman have their babies in silence, according to a 2001 report in America's New York Post newspaper."

John Travolta (another guy who makes millions from being a famous spokesperson for the cult) also insisted his wife, Kelly Preston, follow the same rule when she gave birth to their children. He says,

"In Dianetics, you try and keep the delivery room quiet so there's nothing recorded in the child's mind that shouldn't be there while there's pain going on."

If it's not bad enough that these inncocent babies are born to mindless robots who are almost as insane as the Branch Davidians, they're also subjected to the terribly misguided parenting skills learned from Hubbard's sci-fi novel parenting class.

Scientologists are encouraged not to comfort or nurture young children because Hubbard believed a child is simply a small adult who can look forward to look after themselves from a young age."

WHAT THE?

Credits
    While I personally wouldn't get into this bs, I have to admit that there is some sort of logic to some of this. Scientifically speaking we know next to nothign about an infant's mind and two major theories dominate this field. The theory that our actions are ultimately determined by our genes or the blank-slate theory that says we are taught how we act. Commonly people believe that it's a balance between the two but imagine that the blank-slate theory is right. Freud said that as small children we remember everything just like we do now but few people retain memories earlier than 3 or 4 years because they find those memories painful and choose to forget them. If a child conciously "remembers" birth then it is logical that the mother's screaming does not help it in any way. I think it would be better to be delivered to a calm world than a screaming hell. This is however contradicted by their second belief that children shouldn't be cared for, that's ridiculous IMO. Deliver the kid in silence, fine, but then love it and care for it. Otherwise there's no point.

I think scientologists are gaining increased popularity, just the fact that I can name like 8 actors that are that "religion" off the top of my head is strange. I personally hate when people try to "convert" me to anything. **** off people, I have my own beliefs.

Credits
    I find this thread kind of pointless... there's all sorts of weird religions out there, Scientology is just more well-known since it tends to be a "celebrity religion."

Personally I find Catholicism pretty weird and scary but I don't go making threads about it...

Just my 2 cents.

Credits
    Good point Mark and I would agree with you except for one thing.

This is absolutely MOVIE-RELATED, lol

I remember on the Boiler Room commentary track. Giovanni Ribisi (spelling?) going "i'm a scientologist, blabh blah balh blah." It's very stupid to be listening to that, if I wanted to listen to preaching I'd buy the bible on CD. And like you said it's a celebrity religion and those people are worshipped by a large chunk of our stupid society. Now you're gonna have thousands of people becoming scientologists because some celebrities tell them to do that. But otherwise you're right.

Credits
    I find this very interesting. I don't know a lot about scientology. So this thread is quite educational in some level. I personally think these men just want the women to shut up and stop screaming in their ears!!!

But that's just me...
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."