Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Arrow US citizens -- Don't forget to vote tomorrow (Tues 11/07)

Hey all,

Just wanted to remind all the US users of this lovely site to vote in the Nov
    7th election regardless of what you believe. Voting is important to every democracy. And your vote does matter -- I was reading of a california city election which was tied, even after a recount. It had to be decided by a coin toss. If even one more person had voted (not everyone who could vote, did in that election) the vote could have gone to either candidate. Your vote matters!

So good luck to all!
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    I always said that if you are eligible to vote and you decide not to, that is an automatic vote for whoever wins (if you didn't vote against them, you must have supported them), so you have no reason to complain about who gets elected.

I also like to point out that many more eligible voters didn't vote in the last presidential election than voted for George W. Bush. (I don't remember the exact numbers, but about 43% of Americans didn't vote in 2004, with Bush getting more than 50% of the people who did vote, but only about 32% of eligible voters voted for him.) Who knows what could have happened if all of the eligible voters had voted. For Americans who were eligible but didn't vote and don't like George W., that should make you think.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    I'm voting outside party lines this time and casting my vote for Spitzer for governor.

My personal prediction is that Reps will keep the Senate and no idea how the House will go, maybe a small Dem lead.

I will personally laugh my *** off if Reps keep Congress, it's so ridiculous with all these people complaining and yet the party keeps getting elected. haha

Credits
    I want to know what happen.
    *´¨)
    ¸.~´¸.~*´¨) ¸.~*¨)
    (¸.~´ (¸.~´ `(•.°)~
    My Listology profile

Credits
    I´ve read in our newspapers that it was pretty much f*cked up, that some voting machines didnt work like they should and so on....
    on the other hand that lot of people came....
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    Most important is, that the democrats win the election.

Credits
    well thats the news I havent read yet .....

Credits
    In our county, the Republicans made a clean sweep. No non-Republicans came anywhere close. I know, I was here until 1 a.m. working on typing in all of the numbers precinct-by-precinct in our county to be published in today's paper.

Nationally, the Democrats have taken over the House of Representatives, although the last I heard, the Senate was undecided yet. And several states have Democrats as their new governors, but Indiana's governor wasn't up for re-election this year.

Credits
    me...im glad. im not either for democrats or republicans. but i am estatic becuase for the first time in history, a woman is the house speaker. what a way to break up the 'good 'ole boys' club. this is going to set the stage for 2008. i really see a woman trying to run. be that hillary or connie or someone else not known to us....just awesome.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    For laughing, Damned Spot made funny explanations about the Bob Corker’s ad against Harold Ford:
    http://link.brightcove.com/services/...ctid=291684292

So Harold Ford lost...

Credits
    I'm glad in the UK we still use paper voting, the computer voting sounds way to much like it can be hacked.

Credits
    Still use paper vote too in Canada, but it does sound prehistoric.

Credits
    yep, have paper vote here too and think it might hold anothe 100 years