34 months ago I posted my review of Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 1:

Horrible Horrible Horrible film.

Nothing but set pieces put together to make a nearly 2 hours movie (if you don't include the ending credits).

Then aside from the unneeded profanity, you had scenes that were out of place that were just put in by the screenwriters as fillers.

There is nothing in the movie that made me care for those characters or for whatever they were looking for or that held my attention.

It took me several viewings over 3 nights for me to finish it from beginning to end.

Also what's the deal with Howard The Duck at the end?

1/5
I just watched

Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3896198

It has some pretty impressive visuals and special effects but once again, it's bunch of set pieces of action and dramatic narrative put together to make a whole.

The middle act suffers from too much repetition and slow pacing.

Just like the first one that was so forgettable where I don't recall much about it, I have to keep asking myself who is this? Who is that?

Characters from the first movie appear and new characters are introduced and they don't stick around long enough for you to care about them.

There are several plot devices put into the script to drive an otherwise senseless story forward, a story we are all familiar with and have seen in other movies before.

By the time you have finish watching this 2 hours and 16 minutes over long film, you will find yourself asking:

What the hell did I just watch???

Of course there will be a sequel. Without Marvel and DC comics, the movie business will be out of business.

2/5