Thanks Thanks:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits
    Mark my word for it, THE best film in 2004.

So far the only film of the year I really want to see again, instantly.

Just as I suspected, to fully appreciate the film you MUST have some basic knowledge of Hong Kong kung-fu/martial art cinema, the Japanese samurai movies, Kurosawa films, manga and anime (esp those like Dragon Ball Z, Fist of the Northern Star etc).

In other words, you'll have to be an editman, a carl or a sex maniac (no pun intended) or any other cool guys in this thread to love this film. :big grin:

I only wish this came out in May instead of Reloaded.

Two complains:

1) Really wish O-shii (or whatever the name is) is played by a real Japanese actress, instead of Lucy Liu. She may be bitchy enough to fit in the character, but her Japanese is a joke.

2) I never really like the name 'Deadly Viper Assaination Squard' too corny. QT could have just call them 'Fox Force Five' as an in-joke, probably works better.

Boy for the past few years I've been having a fan-boy film in my head. Kill Bill is not exactly it, but it's pretty similar in terms of the ultra-violence, cool Western chick speaking an Oriential language (nothing is sexier than that!) and great action scenes. Come to think of it, once again my chance of cracking into the film industry is undermined...

Really really wish Volume 2 would come out next month as original planned. 4 months is too bloody long.

I swear if I meet a girl who appreciate this film the level I do, I will propose to her.

And I swear if I still have my job when the DVD comes out, I will get all the R1 (US), R2 (Japan) AND R3 (Hong Kong) versions, even if they're freakin' barebone.
    Last edited by editman; 10-16-2003 at 07:18 PM.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List