Thanks Thanks:  14

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits
    Just saw Immortel (Ad Vitam), and I'm really sad I had the opportunity at one point in my life to see the trailer. This movie is total crap!!

The movie sports the same idea of Sky Captain, but with a little twist. Half the actors are real, and the other half is CGI. And we are not talking just about creatures, we are talking about human beings. Videos I have seen from Half-Life 2 show a far more higher level of detail.

The problem is, you have a scene with a real actor, a close-up scene, and you see all the rich detail of the skin, cloth, etc.. then the next frame we have another shot with a CG model that is plain as snow.

The story is not anywhere close to being decent. Think of Species and The 5th Element together. The characters are really dull, with almost no depth or development whatsover.

But to give the movie some positive, I did like the retro-look of the exterior scenes, and the makeup (not prosthetics, put these in the trash) of the lead character. The CGI of the backdrops was fine, but those CG characters ruin everything!!

However, this film could have easily been fit into a 10-minute short film. And that would've also been a stupid, unnecessay one.
    Last edited by amr.ramadan; 08-22-2004 at 08:23 PM.