Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Matrix II and III in digital?

I would like to know if Matrix II and III were done in HD Digital just like Star Wars EP2.....

anybody know any information about this?

IMO i prefer if it was done in film, but I guess doing it on digital would mean better FX.

What do u think?

The only info I found is this...

As I understand the teaser has digital source, does this mean the entire movie is also in digital?
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    The two sequels were shot on film. 35mm to be exact. But, right after shooting wrapped, the entire shoot was transferred digitaly on the computer. (I.E. See Jason X).

Seems like many films (if not all) will be going through this process within the next few years. All the better I say. The incredible look of film, with the long lasting life of Video. Wahoo!!!
    --Dan

Credits

Re: Matrix II and III in digital?

Originally posted by tisoy
    IMO i prefer if it was done in film
    Why ?

Credits

Re: Re: Matrix II and III in digital?

Originally posted by Tony
    Why ?
    have u seen "SW EP2" or even "Driven", these movies were done in HD digital and they look so fake on the screen or on DVD. What i mean is that digital is sooooo lifeless or "boring" compared to film or film grain. I prefer the look of film because it brings backgrounds and non moving objects in the movie to life. It gives a certain look and character to a movie that only film can do.

Credits
    agreed. We are not at the stage where digital is real enough... it's very hi-tech, but far from convincing. SW2 is an ok film, with effects that look LOOK real, but feel very very fake.

Credits

Re: Re: Re: Matrix II and III in digital?

What i mean is that digital is sooooo lifeless or "boring" compared to film or film grain.
    Same with music. I'm only buying vinyl. Can't stand the sound of CDs.

Credits
    well.. thats th beauty of digital... it can do what film can. U can add grain to digital and make it look film. Final Fantasy did that and made some scenes look like out from Saving Private Ryan.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits

Re: Re: Re: Matrix II and III in digital?

have u seen "SW EP2" or even "Driven", these movies were done in HD digital and they look so fake
    Driven Yes but not Episode II the battle at the end look sooo real

Credits
    One thing to remember is that these films are 'The Matrix'. Even if digital doesn't look real, it shouldn't. The whole film is based around people being stuck in a computer generated world, so why not make it look digital. What they should have done is to film Matrix scenes in digital, and RW scenes in film. Now that would be stylish.:yum:

Credits
    well, I have to admit the results are pretty damn good... the clarity and the sharpness of these new Matrix transfers really look good, I hope more movies willbe like this... shot on film and then digitized on the same day =)