Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Credits

The Animatrix - free download today

Sometime today the first nine minutes of "The Second Renaissance" will be posted on the Matrix site. Keep your eyes on this page: http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.co...sec_ren_1.html

from Coming Soon:
    The Matrix sequels are going into full swing starting today with the first footage of the game on Entertainment Tonight tonight...

Tonight on ET, get an exclusive sneak peek at the game as 'Reloaded' star JADA PINKETT SMITH talks about how her involvement in "Enter the Matrix" went above and beyond the call of duty for the average video game -- and most films, for that matter! "I think it'll be pretty cool playing myself - I'm looking forward to that!"

Set for release on Playstation 2, Xbox Gamecube and PCs in May with "Reloaded," "Enter the Matrix" promises to make up for the lack of groundbreaking 'Matrix' video games when the original film was released in 1999.

There's more on that at the link above. Also, the USA Today has more news on the animated Animatrix...

A massive multimedia campaign begins today on the Net with the release of a new animated short film set in The Matrix universe. Three additional shorts will be posted free on the Web over the next three months at www.thematrix.com.

Your first chance to jack into The Matrix world arrives today with the free download of The Second Renaissance: Part One, a nine-minute widescreen short. The segment is directed by Mahiro Maeda, who directed the Japanese animated series Blue Submarine No. 6.

The complete schedule of downloads is available at the link above and we will have much more on both of these in a few days. Stay tuned!
    Last edited by Shrubz; 02-04-2003 at 12:54 PM.

Credits
    Matrix.com uses too many frames. I only use 2 frames max on a page so that I don't have to keep redoing the navigation bar. They have something like 6 frames to a page.:mad: Makes finding links a damn payne.

Frame Free Links

When are they gonna put this up.

11:59 EST would be my guess.

Credits
    The 320 and 480 versions are online! 640 doesn't work yet.

http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.co...1_episode.html

Credits
    Direct link for the 480 version: 90,46 MB

Credits
    Last edited by Shrubz; 02-04-2003 at 09:04 PM.

Credits
    I liked it. The animation had a nice style, and the introduction to the Matrix was good so that action can kick off in the rest of the series.

Credits
    This is strange... QuickTime reports that it's encoded with Photo - JPEG... this this an error?? Encoded at 250K :big grin:

Credits
    Not neccesarily an error... they just didn't use MPEG-4 as most would've expected. They could've used OfflineRT as well, but they didn't. Hmm.

So, Mark, does this mean we're gonna be seeing an ultimate Matrix sequel trailer with a bit of footage from the anime now?
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    Originally posted by blugh
    Not neccesarily an error... they just didn't use MPEG-4 as most would've expected. They could've used OfflineRT as well, but they didn't. Hmm.

So, Mark, does this mean we're gonna be seeing an ultimate Matrix sequel trailer with a bit of footage from the anime now?
    Actually they don't usually use MPEG-4, they usually use Sorenson Video 3. Next I'm working on a trailer for the original Matrix... I think I'm at a level now where I can really tackle that. We'll see!

Credits
    thanks for the links...man, what a clip. the animation was excellent and the story was great. i actualy felt bad for the robots. good story-telling...

DVD in june...i almost can't wait that long.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    the 640 version as 2 audio tracks?

anyway the clip is ok..

i like how they subtlety used CGI in these and mixing old way of animation =)

now on the subject matter used in the Animatrix. It is very obvious that the themes used in the movie or series of shorts or at least in this version is very reflective of what is actually going on now or at least in the past. The way human treat the machines is clearly how people treated slaves before, treated as mere "property". Yes these machines are not human beings, but slaves before where not also considered human beings but considered only as property or object that is useful for labor. Hell even minorities in some countried are still considered like this... =(

I like how they made this obvious theme in The Animatrix, but my question is why is the UN so cruel to the Machines, bacuse they are mere machines?
    Last edited by trailergod; 02-05-2003 at 04:14 AM.
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Its not showing the UN but the human race.

COuld see so many themes from our past history with some greaphic scenes that is parallel to WW2 Nazi footage!

As for the backstory... excellent. We'll understand the movie trilogy a lot better!
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Originally posted by Kn'thrak
    COuld see so many themes from our past history with some greaphic scenes that is parallel to WW2 Nazi footage!
    Yup. First thing that popped in my mind was how the germans treated the Jews. Sick that was.

I like this short film very much ... it's not rated isn't it?

And Mark, what's the easiest way to convert the .mov into a SVCD?

Credits
    thanks for the direct links, this stuff is sweet.

Credits
    Originally posted by Mischa
    And Mark, what's the easiest way to convert the .mov into a SVCD?
    Download a program called TMPGEnc Here and then download the QuickTime plug-in for that program here. After you've installed TMPGEnc, just put the QTReader.vfp file in the TMPGEnc directory, and now the program is set to read any QT file! In the program, exit out of the wizard and click on browse to open your quicktime file. Now, simply click on load and choose which format you want to encode to (In your case, SVCD). And then click Start, that's all there is to it! Once you're done, just burn it to a CD or CD-RW (whichever your DVD player is compatible with) with a VCD capable program like Nero, and you're all set!
    Note:
    If the video looks a little choppy on the playback, I've had this happen when converting trailers to SVCD, first export your file to an uncompressed AVI from QuickTime and be sure to TELL it the framerate 23.976. Then, in TMPGEnc, choose the SVCD setting for FILM. This should solve that problem, it works for me. There ya go Mischa! And for anyone else who'd like to make an SVCD!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast