Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Reviews, comments, replies to X-MEN 2 (heavy spoilers)

Since there is ony one non spoiler thread, I thouhgt I create one with spoilers!

Like I posted before. Awesome movie. Cannot wait to see it again (maybe in english because Nightcrawler gets a little lost in german)

The film is like a rollercoaster ride and I was so into this movie that I only realized that I was in a movie theater when the people cheered in some points (the first time I ever saw that happen in germany)

The story is interesting and the characters are like they should be. Alan IS Nightcrawler. He is my personal favourite in this movie. I really hated Stryker in the end and I guess for a villain, this is the best compliment he can get.

Concerning the special effects: Like a heard in another review, this film proves once again, that todays films are only limeted by the imagination. Anything is possible! When Mystique is changing you really thinks that she can do it.

X2 really topped X1 in nearly every way (I saw both in a double feature, so I think I can judge this) Even the music is better.
    Matrix 2 &3 will have to ad a lot if they want to top there predecessor as X2 did.

If there are two negative points in this movie it would be that after the X-Men lost Jean, the white house scene and the rest of the movie seems a little bit like they thought "we have to do the rest to keep the people satisfied".
    The second is that there are to many characters in this movie. All are threated well but I think Cyclops had only two minutes in this movie so that you don't care that he has lost HIS girlfriend. Deathstrike gave me that felling of Dark Maul (although SW 1 should not be mentioned with X2 in the same sentence)

I'm so thrilled and can't wait for X3.

What could be the story? In my opinion only the dark phoenix. That would be awesome. Everytime the symbol popped up in the movie it was like christmas and easter together

Credits
    well...i am going to start by saying "wow"...X2 blows the doors off of the first movie. bryan singer did an excellent job again with the movie. the script was great. there were a few times when it dragged but it is only just a few times. the character development was ok. better than the first. at least this time around, you learned a little more about logan along with iceman, pyro, stryker and esspecially nightcrawler (my favorite in this movie).but they could have beefed up some of the others like colossus, lady deathstrike and hank mccoy. the CG was great as well. there were a few scenes where is was a little apparent that it was CG but for the most past, the difference between what was film and what was CG was non-existent. outside of a few character flaws and script flaws pertaining to the characters, i loved this movie.

the few problems i had with the script : if i am not mistaken, wasn't stryker jean and scott's son (cable i guess) from a different timeline who came back and started the legacy virus (a virus that killed only mutants) ?? also, lady deathstrike...her father was the one who developed the process for bonding admantium to bone, not stryker. that was why she had her talons similar to wolverine... revenge for the death of her father. i also did not remember if she had a healing process as well or not. she was a Reaver in the marvel world and i didn't think she had that particular ability. i thought she was just extremely acrobatic, but again, i could be wrong....

but you are going to have some discrepencies when taking a comic book that has been in exsitence for 40 years and putting it on the silver screen.

my rating 9/10
    good character development
    good script
    good FX
    very little drag
    Last edited by redbear; 05-01-2003 at 10:54 AM.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    @ red bear
    I think you must see the films as a kind of ultimate x-men. Same Characters, new story. For example Strykers son is like Legion in the X-Comic-Universe.

Credits
    I just got back. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!! 10 out of 10. If you don't love this movie, you have a problem. Any red-blooded movie lover will flip over this movie. LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!

Credits
    Originally posted by Vader75
    I just got back. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!! 10 out of 10. If you don't love this movie, you have a problem. Any red-blooded movie lover will flip over this movie. LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!
    hey even a cold hearted person would love this movie... :big grin: i almost cried when Jen Grey died... it was that good....
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    10 of 10 ?????
    Well no movie has ever had this rating from me
    The highest rating for a movie has FOrrest Gump with 9/10
    and matrix with 9/10

Credits
    Originally posted by Matrix
    10 of 10 ?????
    Well no movie has ever had this rating from me
    The highest rating for a movie has FOrrest Gump with 9/10
    and matrix with 9/10
    So are you saving your 10 out of 109 for a perfect movie? If so it's never going to happen.

I can understand this reign of thinking in a person who rates by percentage and never gives a 100% because no film does deserve 100%. However 10/10 would include everything from 95-100%, and I can think of a few 95%+ films. :angel"

Just ignore me, I have used both 5/5 and 0/5 in the past.

Credits
    Originally posted by carl
    So are you saving your 10 out of 109 for a perfect movie? If so it's never going to happen.

I can understand this reign of thinking in a person who rates by percentage and never gives a 100% because no film does deserve 100%. However 10/10 would include everything from 95-100%, and I can think of a few 95%+ films. :angel"

Just ignore me, I have used both 5/5 and 0/5 in the past.
    Well my 9/10 is like a 10/10 but i save my 10/10 credits for a movie that really rocks the house....and by real i mean real

Credits

Re: Reviews, comments, replies to X-MEN 2 (heavy spoilers)

Originally posted by LordTrailer
    Deathstrike gave me that felling of Dark Maul (although SW 1 should not be mentioned with X2 in the same sentence).
    Totally agree. Killing off Lady Deathstrike in such a FINAL, nasty way greatly displeasing to me. It created a disturbance in the force.

The best parts I think were Nightcrawler, Magneto, Mystique-as-Rebecca Romjin Stamos, and COLOSSUS -- always my fav X-men from way back. Awesome to see him in a sizable role (well, for a cameo).

Also, I really like the continuity of characters, that they use the same actors in X2 who were in X1, like Shadowcat, Iceman, etc. Which is why it was probably a good idea not to use that stuntman guy to play a cameo as Gambit, since Gambit is such a popular character they might not want to use that stuntman again in X3.

Nice that they are working in the Jean Grey/Dark Phoenix storyline into the movies. Ummm... but I don't really need to see Madeleine Pryor in X3 or X4.