Thanks Thanks:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits
    Nice, michalz!

Now just don't let the people at AVS freak you out about the rising black levels in Panasonic plasma's (they're overly dramatic about it... at least when it comes to the model I have)...

I'll take some pictures and post my set up in the coming days. But here's what I have:

Panasonic TH-58PZ800u (58" THX Certified plasma)
    Yamaha HTR-5990 ("7.1" THX Certified receiver... though I'll be upgrading to the Onkyo TX-NR808 next month for full 7.1 sound instead of just Pro-Logic IIx and I'll be able to let the receiver do the audio decoding instead of the player)
    Sony BDP-S1 and Sony PS3 Slim (250gb)
    Klipsch Synergy F2's, C1, and 4 S1's
    and for bass 2 Yamaha YST-SW315's

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonMG View Post
    Now just don't let the people at AVS freak you out about the rising black levels in Panasonic plasma's (they're overly dramatic about it... at least when it comes to the model I have)...
    I have this set for 2 months now. Didn't notice any rising black levels yet... But they freaked my out about other stuff like Floating Blacks and Buzzing Noise Now I know that AVS Forums = Much Ado About Nothing

The picture on the set is great. Especially movies in THX mode Very happy with it.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by michalz00 View Post
    I have this set for 2 months now. Didn't notice any rising black levels yet... But they freaked my out about other stuff like Floating Blacks and Buzzing Noise Now I know that AVS Forums = Much Ado About Nothing

The picture on the set is great. Especially movies in THX mode Very happy with it.
    Yeah on mine I actually did notice the increase, but it's still better than 98% of the sets out there now lol... Luckily the floating blacks thing isn't an issue on mine (supposedly 2010 models suffer from it the most). Either way though, AVS will blow anything like that way out of proportion. I had my set for like 8 months and then the black level increase talk started and people just went insane about it.