Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    the actors sucks and most of them were wasted!!
    With the exception of Katie Holmes it was a hell of a cast, none were wasted.

Credits
    I don't like Christian Bale, I don't like Heath Ledger and do you want to hear what I think of Batman Begins?

The people who liked that movie only liked it because it was Big, Expensive, full of CGI and SFX and quickly edited action sequences but look past all that and you see its true colors:

the story sucks especially the let's go to Nepal part because we have some $$$ in our budget to spend on exotic locations!!

the actors sucks and most of them were wasted!!

the characters sucks - did you care about them? If you did, Why? They were boring cardboard characters!!

the ending sucks and the plot device to the ending.... oh give me a break!!

everything about it sucks!!

At least Tim Burton's Batman had personality and heart and interesting characters that makes you care about them!!

Batman Begins and Superman Returns are 2 overhyped films that should never have gotten made!!

Maybe you're bitter because there weren't any Golden Globes revealed in the movie.
    Clark Kent is who I am. Superman is what I can do.

Credits
    I'd say just for that post that j7wild is a cardboard cutout of the typical american that doesnt like intelligent movies
    But again, it's all subjective as stated :p

I watched recently Burton's Batman n it did have all the things that j7wild said. It was great in that but was all for the family viewing n not hardcore to what Batman really was. I felt like a Dick Tracey movie or Phantom. Fun for the whole family n all cliche changes but nothing true to the source.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    From what I know from the issues I've read so far in my life, the Batman comics weren't as dark and serious before Frank Miller did "The Dark Knight Returns" and "Batman: Year One". I guess the same thing can be said about Burton's "Batman" and "Batman Begins" - the second beeing based on Frank Miller's work.

I still prefer Tim Burton's version a little more (maybe it's that amazing soundtrack ), although I think Batman Begins is a great movie too, and I can't wait to see "The Dark Knight".
    Last edited by Lafce; 05-16-2008 at 05:07 PM.

Credits

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Kn'thrak View Post
    I'd say just for that post that j7wild is a cardboard cutout of the typical american that doesnt like intelligent movies
    But again, it's all subjective as stated :p

I watched recently Burton's Batman n it did have all the things that j7wild said. It was great in that but was all for the family viewing n not hardcore to what Batman really was. I felt like a Dick Tracey movie or Phantom. Fun for the whole family n all cliche changes but nothing true to the source.

Agreed.

Burton´s Batman = Fun.

Begins = Action / Serious.
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by odj_310388 View Post
    It's not working for me but maybe this is the one you are referring to....

http://www.batman-on-film.com/TDK_jo...e_5-16-08.html

http://photos.imageevent.com/batmano...ve_5-16-08.jpg

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardkore View Post
    It's not working for me but maybe this is the one you are referring to....

http://www.batman-on-film.com/TDK_jo...e_5-16-08.html

http://photos.imageevent.com/batmano...ve_5-16-08.jpg
    Yea that's the one I meant to link to, guess they changed the location.

Credits
    New UUHHQ Images:

I don't care about this movie - I am posting these images as a community service to the Batman fans of M-L:

images may or may not contain SPOILERS:

(unrelated images)
    uhm... what do these images have to do with Batman ?? some are for Indy 4 and some are some stupid girl with tires in the background, not relating to any movie i'm aware of....

so, have you gone 'post-plaid' and forget what you are posting ??

Quote Originally Posted by Lafce View Post
    From what I know from the issues I've read so far in my life, the Batman comics weren't as dark and serious before Frank Miller did "The Dark Knight Returns" and "Batman: Year One". I guess the same thing can be said about Burton's "Batman" and "Batman Begins" - the second beeing based on Frank Miller's work.
    hmmm... i dont know exactly when Miller did Batman, but I'm pretty sure there were some pretty dark stories concerning Batman in the very early 90s. esspecially when MacFarlane did the Spawn-Batman crossover. I also remember a few graphic novels concerning Batman's drug use (steroids) around then too - those were pretty dark. one was titled "Venom" .... very interesting story. though, i dont know if graphic novels are considered canon in the Batman universe or not. I was not very familar with DC Comics.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by red bear View Post
    hmmm... i dont know exactly when Miller did Batman, but I'm pretty sure there were some pretty dark stories concerning Batman in the very early 90s...
    Well, Miller's "Batman: The Dark Knight Returns" was published in 1986 and "Batman: Year One" in 1987...

Credits
    will they kill of the joker character? since Mr. Ledger will not reprise it anytime soon hehe

Credits

High-res

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/06/25/...d-godfather-2/

The Dark Knight will screen for select press later this week (we’ll be there), but a scooper over at AICN has already gotten a sneak peak. Tim Bisley compares the movie to The Godfather Part 2 and hints that Heath Ledger’s performance might be worthy of the best supporting Oscar. Here are a couple spoiler free highlights that I found interesting:

“The film feels more like a crime drama in a grand city scape than a typical comic book movie. It feels like Heat except Batman is Al Pacino and The Joker is Robert De Niro and just like in that film we have a great scene between Heath Ledger and Christian Bale across a table. There is also an element of a Greek Tragedy.. There is a vast sense of morality at play within the film.”

“The Joker is almost more of a terrorist than criminal. He is not motivated by money. He wants to see people suffer.”

“The run time is two and a half hours. It doesn’t feel that long as there is so much going on within the film.”

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by charmander View Post
    will they kill of the joker character? since Mr. Ledger will not reprise it anytime soon hehe
    what exactly is funny about that?
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits
    Someone posted this at another forum. It has nothing to do with the movie but ...well... see for yourself.

[These are real Batman comics; any dirty interpretation of the above comics came solely from your own perverted mind and was not the original intention of the authors/artists. Batman and all related characters and stories are TM and © DC Comics 2006. ]

Credits
    Hey,

I am here working for Warner Brothers, but don’t shoot me… I’m here to give you some pretty cool news! For all UK fans who can’t wait until the 25th to see The Dark Knight, 100 selected cinemas across the UK will be showing the film on the 23rd – 2 days before general release! It’s going to be full of real fans, and

On top of that, anyone that manages to grab a ticket for one of these screenings will get an exclusive lenticular Dark Knight poster!

To find out where your nearest screening is and check out the poster head over to Empire Online here

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast