Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Winamp 5.05

Credits

Winamp 5.05

If you are using an older version of winamp say 3.0 onwards... you should really upgrade, a month ago Nullsoft annonceed that there was a security flaw with the software.

This has been fixed in the latest version.

I have tried using iTunes/Media Player and a whole bunch of others.. but Winamp is by far the superior Mp3 player (especially version 5.. all the perks of 3 with the added bonus of being as fast as version 2!)

As far as sound quality is concerned, it is comparible to Foo... people who say there is a large difference are liars IMO... anyway download and enjoy

http://www.winamp.com

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits
    Security flaws??? It plays MP3s rite? What security is needed for that??
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    its with the skinning feature, some website force it load a modern skin which can use the embedded browser and load other nasties.. heres the quote from Nullsoft.

This skin launches an embedded Internet Explorer browser within the Skin using a feature of the Winamp Modern Skin Engine. This malicious Winamp Skin then uses the browser to launch a malicious application bundled within the skin.

There have been reports of this exploit in use on the web to automatically install Adware or Spyware applications without the users consent.

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Thumbs up

WinAmp OWNZ! F*** all other (music) players...

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT